non-camaro question, please help!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• non-camaro question, please help!

Ok, first off my camaro is running great, no problems etc... My question pertains to a differnt car.

I am looking into getting a truck and there's a good deal on a 1993 chevy 1500 with a 5.7v8, auto, 9" lift yadda but it has 143k miles. It is only $5000 obo. I am wondering something.

How much is a rebuilt or "crate" motor for something like this? What about a tranny too? I can't find a truck, even if it was $5000 and I pay $4000 with all these gizmo's on it.

Let me know what you guys think,
    Chris

$5k for a 143k truck? Seems a bit steep to me.. I'd say maybe $3500... but it depends all what has been done to it... just remember insurance is not likely to cover mods unless well documented.

GM's crate motors run about $3-$4000 and you'll get about 300 or a little more Hp... I think the ZZ4 runs about $3500...
    Black \'97 Camaro RS <a href=\"http://chillcat.fortunecity.net/blahblah.html\" target=\"_blank\">See Pics</a> 3.8L, 5 Spd, Disc Rear, Hurst short shifter, MAF Screen Removed, RK Sport Headers, 3\" Cat, 3\" FM American Thunder Catback, Compcams .512/.507, (2x)275/40/17 Khumo 712(front) (2x)285/40/17 Good Year F1 GS-D3 (back).

Comment

I wouldn't put a crate motor in a truck if it's gonna be a beater for work, play, etc. You can find a 350 engine somewhere near you that will/should run nice for about $500.00-$1,500.00.
      Save your money for Mods.

-Marc
      sigpic

Comment

Call here:
        http://www.jasperengines.com/frames.html
        My buddy just ordered a 1997 K 1500 Crate engine vortec 350.
        My local shop ordered it for him and the total to order and install the engine was $3000
        This is a stock vortec 350 with the 3 yr/ 75000 mile warrenty
        Race car - gone but not forgotten - 1997 firebird V6
        nitrous et & mph: 12.168 & 110.95 mph, n/a 13.746 & 96.38 mph
        2013 Dodge Challenger SRT8: 12.125, 116.45
        2010 Ford Taurus SHO: no times yet

Comment

does it run now?
          if so then buy it.
          you only live once!
          i personally would love to own a truck with a 9" lift.
          6s.......under the hood or under the belt, they just dont cut it.

Comment

Well the truck I was looking at is a stick. I have found some others since that are atleast 6" of lift or larger, full size trucks with 35" AT tires or super swampers. Most have higher miles though, but v8's seem to go for a long time.

I was thinkin of getting a s-10 but they just seem so small. And after dealing with v6's and never feeling or hearing that v8 power makes me want it.

I wouldn't assume a crate motor to be all that much, nor a transmission but you never know.

Keep the replies comming!

Thanks,
            Chris

Comment

I had a 1999 s10 (4 banger, the "you're lucky we gave a seat model") before my camaro. Do yourself a favor, and stay clear of s10's of any sort. Everyone I know who owns, or has owned an s10 including myself, would never buy one again.

I also have a 1997 C/K with the 4.3L V6 Vortec. With 130K miles on it, the thing ones like a champ. Unless you're dead set on getting a 5.0L or 5.7L, you shouldn't discount a v6 C/K if you come across a great deal on one.
              <a href=\"http://www.cardomain.com/id/edogg_127\" target=\"_blank\">1999 red 38000 Camaro</a><br />Leaking rear main seal (not really a mod though)

Comment

my dads 1991 GMC sierra has 171k miles(original engine) last time i checked, its his daily driver, the only thing wrong with it is that is has no A/C other than thats everything else works.

My uncles 1990 S10 has 215k miles on the original engine only problem with this is is he had to paint it like a year ago. Now is candy blue sitting on some 13'' 100 spoke player wire rims.
                My car has GPS trackin\',traffic alert,its own phone #,PS2,screens. And What da H3ll,When I Turn da key it says \"You\'ve got mail\"..... <br />I swear and promise.. I\'ve had more cars then Charlie Thomas.. bounces in a Monte\' that hopped.. Pimped old skoo Blazer on Chopz, Today Its a Camaro at all da plya spots.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                Working...
                X