No start

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• No start

Im gunna start a new thread here, since my other blew the motor thread is way too long, and I dont know if everyone will necessarily read advance tech.

The car started no problem 5-6 times after I finished swapping in the new 3800...I then went to tie up some loose ends and accidently touched and sparked the starter when I was tightening the exhaust bolts. Now the car won't start...the fuel pump was dead.

I replaced the fuel pump and now I get fuel at the shrader valve when it is depressed.

Car cranks, but doesn't start...we have determined the car is getting no spark. There is no security light that is enabled when trying to start the car...the only codes are for MAF and EGR (I have the MAF set to fail, so nothing new here)...does anyone have any idea what might be causing this? the cam/crank sensors are brand new with this engine (4,000km), and the car has already fired up 5-6 times before I touched the starter. I can't think of anything.

Any help is appreciated guys, I just want to get this car back on the road.

2002 SOM Z28 Camaro - 12.9 @ 104 mph
    1996 3800 Camaro - 13.43 @ 100.77 mph

Project Cars | How To Guides | Scratch Repair | Synthetic Oil

Re: No start

Have you checked the fuse's. There is one that takes out the ign.
    sigpic

Comment

the only thing i could think of is you fried the icm when you shorted it out

Comment

I have checked all the fuses beside the dash and in that fuse box under the hood...unless there are others I don't know about...all those ones checked out fine.

Is it possible I fried the pcm? I still get codes and was able to write to the pcm no problem...

I have some spare coils I'm going to try then getting a module is my next step...

Comment

No luck...I plugged that ground back in music man...nothing...coil packs are ok, icm is ok...apparently I'm not getting fuel don't know how that happened...still no spark...if I use the fuel pump bypass wire she builds pressure no problem...I'm trying to investigate the fusible links how can I tell if they are bad??

Comment

I finally got my hands on a wiring diagram along with a diagram of fusible links from my mechanic today....I think I might no the cause....one of the fusible links appears to power both the pcm and the fuel pump...Its one of the fusible links by the battery terminal...there are like 10 of em and they are all red wires, so I have some testing to do tonight...me and the mechanic think that this fusible link is the culprit...pcm has 2 12v power sources, so that explains why I can still pull DTCs and write to it, but it is probably not sending out a spark signal....

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
            Working...
            X