Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• No spark on 3-6 coil pack

Im really stumped on this one.

What seems like out of nowhere my car felt bogged down and felt like I was towing an 18-wheeler. So I get home and car just smells like fresh gas.

I went to autozone and got the coil packs and ICM tested and checked out fine. Came back and put everything back on, still same problem. I took off the wires at the first coil pack (3-6) and noticed no spark when I started the car. All other coil packs were sparking normally. I swapped the 3-6 coil pack for another healthy coil pack and again the 3-6 coil pack does not spark.

All contacts look very fresh and clean. I replaced the coil packs and ICM about 20k miles ago.

If it isn't the ICM what could it be?

Re: No spark on 3-6 coil pack

Did you check the 3 and 6 spark plug wires?

Comment

Originally posted by Cammy98 View Post
      Im really stumped on this one.

What seems like out of nowhere my car felt bogged down and felt like I was towing an 18-wheeler. So I get home and car just smells like fresh gas.

I went to autozone and got the coil packs and ICM tested and checked out fine. Came back and put everything back on, still same problem. I took off the wires at the first coil pack (3-6) and noticed no spark when I started the car. All other coil packs were sparking normally. I swapped the 3-6 coil pack for another healthy coil pack and again the 3-6 coil pack does not spark.

All contacts look very fresh and clean. I replaced the coil packs and ICM about 20k miles ago.

If it isn't the ICM what could it be?
      Sounds like a bad ICM I'm afraid - I cant think of anything else it could be.
      1997 Camaro RS W/T-Tops<br />All Stock / 200 HP

Comment

Lesson learned. Dont trust testing machines or their operators.

Whats the point of having that gigantic machine to test the ICM if its not even accurate. It had me thinking what could it be if not the ICM.

After a lot of head scratching and surfing the forums I drove back to Autozone and insisted the part was faulty. Luckily im under warranty and got a new one. Installed it, she fired up and purred perfectly.

Comment

Originally posted by Cammy98 View Post
          Lesson learned. Dont trust testing machines or their operators.

Whats the point of having that gigantic machine to test the ICM if its not even accurate. It had me thinking what could it be if not the ICM.

After a lot of head scratching and surfing the forums I drove back to Autozone and insisted the part was faulty. Luckily im under warranty and got a new one. Installed it, she fired up and purred perfectly.
          Your car purrs? man all mine does is meow for mid-grade and roars at red stop lights... sometimes she'll pounce a horse or two but it has never once purr'd to me :(
          1997 Camaro RS W/T-Tops<br />All Stock / 200 HP

Comment

pacesetters and magnaflows make her purr :)

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
            Working...
            X