Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: running rough till warmed up

Originally posted by rdoms6 View Post
    i just scanned it and it threw 6 codes. they are all o2 sensor related. p0131, p0135, p0137, p0140, p0151, p0155. does this help?

i should note that i do not have a cat on it so there is a o2 sim in the one after the cat, which i don't think works
    These are your codes....

P0131 HO2S Circuit Low Voltage Bank 1 Sensor 1
    P0135 HO2S Heater Performance Bank 1 Sensor 1
    P0137 HO2S Circuit Low Voltage Bank 1 Sensor 2
    P0140 HO2S Circuit Insufficient Activity Bank 1 Sensor 2
    P0151 HO2S Circuit Low Voltage Bank 2 Sensor 1
    P0155 HO2S Heater Performance Bank 2 Sensor 1

If I were to guess, that O2 sim you're using is probably bad. Every code there is pre-cat, but if you're having problems with ALL the pre-cat sensors, then its possible the post-cat is giving off weird or dead signals to the PCM.

I think you have two possibilities here, either replace the cat, and the post O2 sensor, or get a new sim.
    1995 Pontiac Firebird
    2008 Chevrolet Silverado LT Crew Cab 4x4

Comment

Originally posted by Mogobs30th View Post
      These are your codes....

P0131 HO2S Circuit Low Voltage Bank 1 Sensor 1
      P0135 HO2S Heater Performance Bank 1 Sensor 1
      P0137 HO2S Circuit Low Voltage Bank 1 Sensor 2
      P0140 HO2S Circuit Insufficient Activity Bank 1 Sensor 2
      P0151 HO2S Circuit Low Voltage Bank 2 Sensor 1
      P0155 HO2S Heater Performance Bank 2 Sensor 1

If I were to guess, that O2 sim you're using is probably bad. Every code there is pre-cat, but if you're having problems with ALL the pre-cat sensors, then its possible the post-cat is giving off weird or dead signals to the PCM.

I think you have two possibilities here, either replace the cat, and the post O2 sensor, or get a new sim.

I can tell you watched the video and that obviously he had no idea what his codes were related to!!!
      I remember when my O2 sim went wild and my car sounded like that.
      Wait, Is that a V6 or V8?
      1990 Chevrolet C-K 1500 series 4.3L .. 5spd
      1994 JDM Euno Roadster 1.8L 5spd Bolt Ons.. etc
      2000 Camaro 3.8L Auto Bolt Ons..etc

Comment

No, didn't watch the vid, because a YouTube vid with crappy resolution and sound is a worthless way to diagnose a problem. I didn't even consider watching the vid. I went off the hard evidence provided to me by the OP, which is how a diagnostic SHOULD be performed. Tell me I'm wrong....

Too many noobs on this site that think these 4th gem cars are like an old school carbeurated forebearers, and they're so far from that its silly. The PCM is there to run the drivetrain and to diagnose problems with it. Why anyone would blindly throw money at an issue is ridiculous.

But lemme ask you this... Do you think 1 bad plug, 1 bad wire, or 1 bad coil is going to play games with ALL 3 pre-cat HO2S's? And the likeliniess of having all bad plugs, all bad wires, or all bad coils is even more slim....you took a shot in the dark, now let the one with experience try....
        Last edited by Mogobs30th; 04-12-2011, 10:32 PM.
        1995 Pontiac Firebird
        2008 Chevrolet Silverado LT Crew Cab 4x4

Comment

The reason why I ask if it idles up on first starts and shortly after idle at normal idle speed is to find out first if your Idle Air Control Valve is working if your Idle air is not working you will have such problems because it restricts the Air at a given point and sometimes backfire hesitates alot and throw O2 codes because the mixture isn't where it should be.

Comment

Originally posted by Barbadian Camaro View Post
            The reason why I ask if it idles up on first starts and shortly after idle at normal idle speed is to find out first if your Idle Air Control Valve is working if your Idle air is not working you will have such problems because it restricts the Air at a given point and sometimes backfire hesitates alot and throw O2 codes because the mixture isn't where it should be.
            it does not idle high

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

• ssms5411
              Had to be evacuated again due to fire
              by ssms5411
              Had to be evacuated Monday again after a fire was going on the hill behind us. Only 3-4 hours, they did a good job getting it under control. Especially...
              1 week ago
            • RPDRed6
              For Sale: 2001 Chevrolet Camaro project.
              by RPDRed6
              Up for sale is my 2001 Chevrolet Camaro 3.8 in need of some TLC and help. I’ve owned this vehicle the past 18 years (since 2006) and it’s been very...
              3 weeks ago
            • ssms5411
              No start problem
              by ssms5411
              So went out to start the Camaro and no start, batteries are good just hear a thud sound, started up fine last Friday. Check the fuses and the battery...
              4 weeks ago

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
            Working...
            X