Which Fuel pump to go with?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Which Fuel pump to go with?

I currently have a walbro255, but with the bucket deleted, noticing the car has a harder time starting for some reason... this is almost regardless of fuel level, maybe i did something wrong in the install, but anyways,

going to be getting a racetronix kit, notcing they have two, just wondering if anyone tried the "venturi feed system"?

http://www.racetronix.biz/customkiti...c=RFPK-001&eq=

and the other option was....

http://www.racetronix.biz/customkiti...c=RFPK-002&eq=

Minor price difference doesnt really bother me and none of the wiring kits interest me.
    Wait, Is that a V6 or V8?
    1990 Chevrolet C-K 1500 series 4.3L .. 5spd
    1994 JDM Euno Roadster 1.8L 5spd Bolt Ons.. etc
    2000 Camaro 3.8L Auto Bolt Ons..etc

Re: Which Fuel pump to go with?

93-97
    99+

All have different fuel pumps. So the one for 1998 is different than the one for 1 1999 because they have different bucket designs.

Both the links you posted have the wiring included. I would highly recommend getting the wiring harness to go with it. You factory wiring cannot provide enough volts to the pump to allow it to work to the maximum of its potential.

Comment

Oh didn't notice the car years for some reason, so i need to get the venturi design one?

& is that so... which wiring kit would you recommend, sorry i just feel like they aren't very necessary. (not trying to look ignorant or cheap) just looks like those little things they try to sell.

Comment

Agree the wiring kit is a must. I found out the hard way.

Comment

I would check the pickup hose on the pump. might be loose.
          08' L76 6.0L 4X4 Chevy EXT.Cab LTZ Vortec MAX with Snug top cover, Dynomax exhaust,Hptuners& K&N intake
          96' Camaro M5 to A4 conversion, alot of mods . GT35R Turbo full suspension. Built engine

Comment

Originally posted by ssms5411 View Post
            I would check the pickup hose on the pump. might be loose.

Guess i am should add in i'm using a walbro for an Rx7, lol, not that it matters, they are pretty universal if its just the pump it self... the pick up hose is the little one coming off the pump, correct?

Comment

im still wondering if anyone has gotten the one with venturi system... just wondering if anyone has more information on that... just so i can get a full understanding... i need to swap to a racetronix kit anyways because this pump is going into another car later, this is just to hold my car over till i had time to buy the racetronix one.

Comment

Originally posted by ACiFiC View Post
                im still wondering if anyone has gotten the one with venturi system... just wondering if anyone has more information on that... just so i can get a full understanding... i need to swap to a racetronix kit anyways because this pump is going into another car later, this is just to hold my car over till i had time to buy the racetronix one.
                The Venturi fills the bucket and then the pump takes from the bucket.

So if you have modified your bucket you'll need a new one. (Which racetronix also carries)

Comment

Originally posted by ACiFiC View Post
                  IIRC, the 99-02 cars have a Venturi feed bucket design from factory. So you wouldn't really be trying anything new.
                  '99 Camaro
                  '04 Saab 9-3 Aero
                  '90 Audi Coupe Quattro

Comment

Originally posted by Meemperor View Post
                    The Venturi fills the bucket and then the pump takes from the bucket.

So if you have modified your bucket you'll need a new one. (Which racetronix also carries)
                    Didnt really modify the bucket. I just didn't put it on lol.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

• ssms5411
                      Had to be evacuated again due to fire
                      by ssms5411
                      Had to be evacuated Monday again after a fire was going on the hill behind us. Only 3-4 hours, they did a good job getting it under control. Especially...
                      1 week ago
                    • RPDRed6
                      For Sale: 2001 Chevrolet Camaro project.
                      by RPDRed6
                      Up for sale is my 2001 Chevrolet Camaro 3.8 in need of some TLC and help. I’ve owned this vehicle the past 18 years (since 2006) and it’s been very...
                      3 weeks ago
                    • ssms5411
                      No start problem
                      by ssms5411
                      So went out to start the Camaro and no start, batteries are good just hear a thud sound, started up fine last Friday. Check the fuses and the battery...
                      4 weeks ago

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                    Working...
                    X