This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: talked myself into a race

Out of curiosity, how would intake&exhaust 3.8 hold up? Both rated at right about 200 factory.

Comment

I ran a 95 gt one time (DO NOT STREET RACE) and when I let out of it at 80mph, I was about a car length ahead. That was cat back and a K&N filter.

I repeat, Street racing is illegal. The day you take someone elses life cause of your stupidity is the day you will have to live with for the rest of your life.
      Last edited by flamingchicken; 07-10-2011, 04:02 AM.
      Team NoVa

2000 Firebird- Intake, Pacesetters, !cat, full 2.5 to flowcrapster, 1.9 rockers, LS6 springs and Intense modded retainers, WS6 speedlines, T/A bumpers and hatch, 5 spd swapped, SOON TO BE nitrous'd and cammed.

Comment

I've raced a few late 90s GTs, its usually pretty close. The V8 gives them a better power curve and they are somewhat lighter cars so they get off the line quicker. They don't really gain any distance once we get above 3k RPM, but the yards off the line are all it takes to win.

Comment

I held my own against 4.6s and 5.0s when I had my bolt on, 3.42, DR, 3.8 firebird. Right around 2004 was when the 4.6s started beating me kinda bad. Anything up til then was pretty much a driver race.

Comment

In 1999 is when they changed the head design, and went from like 215hp to around 250hp. I couldn't hang with those, but anything prior to the 99, I would stick with.
            Team NoVa

2000 Firebird- Intake, Pacesetters, !cat, full 2.5 to flowcrapster, 1.9 rockers, LS6 springs and Intense modded retainers, WS6 speedlines, T/A bumpers and hatch, 5 spd swapped, SOON TO BE nitrous'd and cammed.

Comment

Just saying for awhile I had one of the fastest n/a 3.4Ls. I had a pretty peppy N/A 3.8L stock heads/cam. And I also owned a bolt on 92 5.0...

With the 3.4L I say the 5.0 all day unless its a factory carbed car, that is beat to hell, but even then I'd still side the 5.0.

With a 3.8L, definitely leaning towards the 5.0, couple examples with some decent bolts on the 3.8L might win. But I doubt it.

Comment

Originally posted by Docta View Post
                Out of curiosity, how would intake&exhaust 3.8 hold up? Both rated at right about 200 factory.
                Fox bodies are much lighter and much torquier...I believe the fox's weigh in around 2500lbs or so...its under 3000lbs for sure though

2002 SOM Z28 Camaro - 12.9 @ 104 mph
                1996 3800 Camaro - 13.43 @ 100.77 mph

Project Cars | How To Guides | Scratch Repair | Synthetic Oil

Comment

I had a 1989 Mustang GT 5 speed in High School. Unless your packing pretty heavy power, well, damn. It may hurt.

Comment

So what was the outcome, did you post on YouTube? lol

Comment

Originally posted by LETZRIDE View Post
                      Fox bodies are much lighter and much torquier...I believe the fox's weigh in around 2500lbs or so...its under 3000lbs for sure though
                      They are not that light... I think my gG that was loaded was about 3200# remember they are all metal. They can be made really light easily though.

Comment

These threads arent allowed, nor does this site condone, promote, or encourage street racing.
                        1995 Pontiac Firebird
                        2008 Chevrolet Silverado LT Crew Cab 4x4

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

• ssms5411
                          Had to be evacuated again due to fire
                          by ssms5411
                          Had to be evacuated Monday again after a fire was going on the hill behind us. Only 3-4 hours, they did a good job getting it under control. Especially...
                          1 week ago
                        • RPDRed6
                          For Sale: 2001 Chevrolet Camaro project.
                          by RPDRed6
                          Up for sale is my 2001 Chevrolet Camaro 3.8 in need of some TLC and help. I’ve owned this vehicle the past 18 years (since 2006) and it’s been very...
                          3 weeks ago
                        • ssms5411
                          No start problem
                          by ssms5411
                          So went out to start the Camaro and no start, batteries are good just hear a thud sound, started up fine last Friday. Check the fuses and the battery...
                          4 weeks ago
                        • SixShooter'00Camaro
                          Revival
                          by SixShooter'00Camaro
                          Working on getting my 99 Camaro back in action. Long story short, got parked in the garage about 5 years ago (kids, career stuff ect.) trying to get her...
                          4 weeks ago

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                        Working...
                        X