Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Vacuum Garbage

Hey Guys,

So I'm installing my boost gauge and water/meth kit off the MAP sensor vacuum feeds. I'm wondering what all gets the vacuum from that part? I know the stock fuel pressure regulator gets it there (from the back) and that's fine. What is all the other t-ed off junk that feeds from the front? Is it all HVAC? Can I just ditch it and use the front of the MAP to feed my water/meth and boost gauge only? That garbage has brittle, cracked vacuum lines running through several harnesses and I have no idea where they're going.

I do not use the AC/HVAC in my car. What all will I lose if I just don't reconnect all that junk?
    Last edited by OneEightSeven; 07-09-2011, 04:34 PM.
    sigpic

Re: Vacuum Garbage

So as far as I can tell from alldata it's just hvac **** and the vacuum tank under the front end of the car. Doesn't seem important for a track car :-/. Going to try w/o all that nonsense and just run the FPR, Boost Gauge and Meth kit off the MAP. Just finished installing everything. Need to tune for big injectors tomorrow and see what kind of timing I can get away with via the meth kit.

* As suspected car runs fine. Havent tested hvac though LOL.
    Last edited by OneEightSeven; 07-10-2011, 06:56 PM.
    sigpic

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

• ssms5411
      Had to be evacuated again due to fire
      by ssms5411
      Had to be evacuated Monday again after a fire was going on the hill behind us. Only 3-4 hours, they did a good job getting it under control. Especially...
      1 week ago
    • RPDRed6
      For Sale: 2001 Chevrolet Camaro project.
      by RPDRed6
      Up for sale is my 2001 Chevrolet Camaro 3.8 in need of some TLC and help. I’ve owned this vehicle the past 18 years (since 2006) and it’s been very...
      3 weeks ago
    • ssms5411
      No start problem
      by ssms5411
      So went out to start the Camaro and no start, batteries are good just hear a thud sound, started up fine last Friday. Check the fuses and the battery...
      4 weeks ago
    • SixShooter'00Camaro
      Revival
      by SixShooter'00Camaro
      Working on getting my 99 Camaro back in action. Long story short, got parked in the garage about 5 years ago (kids, career stuff ect.) trying to get her...
      4 weeks ago

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
    Working...
    X