P0420 Code is back :( - Catalyst Efficiency Low Bank 1 - FirebirdV6.com/CamaroV6.com Message Board

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

P0420 Code is back :( - Catalyst Efficiency Low Bank 1

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• P0420 Code is back :( - Catalyst Efficiency Low Bank 1

I have replaced the cat, as stated in previous threads... the light went off for awhile and then came back on two days ago and hasnt gone off since then. What is the deal here?

#1 Catalytic Converter defective (Just replaced)

#2 Engine misfire or running condition (car still runs fine)

#3 Large vacuum leak - (where would I check for such a leak? and wouldn't I be able to hear such a leak while the car is running? I cant hear anything)

#4 Engine Oil leakage into exhaust valve guide & seals / piston rings (I'm praying to god NOT... I'm in real trouble if this is the case because that = rebuild...How can I check though without taking off the head?)
    1997 Camaro RS W/T-Tops<br />All Stock / 200 HP

Re: P0420 Code is back :( - Catalyst Efficiency Low Bank 1

What about replacing the O2 sensor? They will report abnormal readings when they go bad.
    '99 Camaro
    '04 Saab 9-3 Aero
    '90 Audi Coupe Quattro

Comment

Re: P0420 Code is back :( - Catalyst Efficiency Low Bank 1

Originally posted by pace2006 View Post
      What about replacing the O2 sensor? They will report abnormal readings when they go bad.
      Thinking of just putting a sim there and calling it a day...
      1997 Camaro RS W/T-Tops<br />All Stock / 200 HP

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

• ssms5411
        Had to be evacuated again due to fire
        by ssms5411
        Had to be evacuated Monday again after a fire was going on the hill behind us. Only 3-4 hours, they did a good job getting it under control. Especially...
        1 week ago
      • RPDRed6
        For Sale: 2001 Chevrolet Camaro project.
        by RPDRed6
        Up for sale is my 2001 Chevrolet Camaro 3.8 in need of some TLC and help. I’ve owned this vehicle the past 18 years (since 2006) and it’s been very...
        3 weeks ago
      • ssms5411
        No start problem
        by ssms5411
        So went out to start the Camaro and no start, batteries are good just hear a thud sound, started up fine last Friday. Check the fuses and the battery...
        4 weeks ago
      • SixShooter'00Camaro
        Revival
        by SixShooter'00Camaro
        Working on getting my 99 Camaro back in action. Long story short, got parked in the garage about 5 years ago (kids, career stuff ect.) trying to get her...
        4 weeks ago

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
      Working...
      X