Thermoplastic Hose Clamps - anyone try them? - FirebirdV6.com/CamaroV6.com Message Board

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Thermoplastic Hose Clamps - anyone try them?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Thermoplastic Hose Clamps - anyone try them?

Looking at hoses today and the specs on the hose said that they recommend "Thermoplastic Clamps" over the spring or even worm gear clamps. I always thought the band worm gear clamps were way better than the deformable wire clamps or the wire worm gear clamps, but hadn't heard of Thermoplastic Clamps.

For those thinking "WTF is a 'thermoplastic clamp'" like i did, it seems to be really strong heat shrink tubing for radiator hoses. Gates apparently is making (and recommending them): http://www.gates.com/brochure.cfm?br...ocation_id=546

Seems they would be really nice for hard to reach places and would distribute the clamping force over a larger area, but I was wondering if any of you have any experience with them.

Seem like they wouldn't be for places where you want to slip off the hose for flushing or draining as once on, I would think they would have to be cut to remove.

Are these things really better in terms of performance, or is it a cost cutting technology meant to replace a 4 piece hose clamp (band-worm-nut-worm housing) with a piece of plastic?

Re: Thermoplastic Hose Clamps - anyone try them?

Sounds interdasting.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
    Working...
    X