No Oil Pressure

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• No Oil Pressure

For a little background, I have a 2000 Camaro with a 3.8L V6, the car has approximately 73,000 miles, I just replaced the head gasket approximately 500 miles ago.
    I was coming home from work yesterday ending my 38 mile mostly highway trip, as I was slowing down on the off ramp my “check gauges” light came on. I looked at my gauges and noticed the oil gauge was at zero. The motor was not knocking or making any unusual noise, the engine temp was normal. I rev’ed the motor increasing the engine RPM and kept the oil pressure up for the 2 miles until I pulled into the driveway. I shut the car off and went to do the errands I had planned. I started the car later that night and the oil pressure remained at 60lbs for about 35 minutes, then the oil pressure dropped and the “check gauges” light came on again and began to flicker. The motor did not make any noise or begin to heat up(temp stayed at 210).
    My question what do you think could be my problem? oil pump? Regulator?
    Any ideas would be a great help, thank you for your time and suggestions.

Re: No Oil Pressure

Maybe you'll luck out and it'll just be the oil sending unit. Im not sure what the symptoms are when one of those goes out. I wouldnt think it would be the oil gear drive (oil pump) since it seems pressure is coming and going. Another possibility would be foreign material in the pan or passages from the head gasket change.

Comment

When I had this issue, it sort of resolved itself. I started using oil stabilizers and additives and it went away over the nest few months.

Comment

well first off I need to ask the obvious, is there oil in the car and is it full?
        http://www.bowtiev6.com/

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

• ssms5411
          Had to be evacuated again due to fire
          by ssms5411
          Had to be evacuated Monday again after a fire was going on the hill behind us. Only 3-4 hours, they did a good job getting it under control. Especially...
          1 week ago
        • RPDRed6
          For Sale: 2001 Chevrolet Camaro project.
          by RPDRed6
          Up for sale is my 2001 Chevrolet Camaro 3.8 in need of some TLC and help. I’ve owned this vehicle the past 18 years (since 2006) and it’s been very...
          3 weeks ago
        • ssms5411
          No start problem
          by ssms5411
          So went out to start the Camaro and no start, batteries are good just hear a thud sound, started up fine last Friday. Check the fuses and the battery...
          4 weeks ago

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
        Working...
        X