Engine Tune up / Cleaning

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Engine Tune up / Cleaning

Hey everyone - the Camaro is nearing 114K and while it is still running well I was wondering if anyone had any tips on things I could do to clean up the engine (internally) and just make sure everything is in good working order. I am hoping to get it tuned up real nice for some practice drag runs in the fall before I use the winter to tear into it. I have already purchased the Seafoam system, but anyone have any other ideas?

Thanks!

1997 30th Anniversary Camaro.
    SLP CAI, Dynomax, PCM tune, SS Hood, Clear Corners, T-Tops, Sony Xplod

TEAM RED

Re: Engine Tune up / Cleaning

Get 2 can of Seafoam. Go IV drip into the brake booster on one and then one divided into gas and oil.. just $.02

Comment

what are you doing in the winter? big plans?
      Team NoVa

2000 Firebird- Intake, Pacesetters, !cat, full 2.5 to flowcrapster, 1.9 rockers, LS6 springs and Intense modded retainers, WS6 speedlines, T/A bumpers and hatch, 5 spd swapped, SOON TO BE nitrous'd and cammed.

Comment

Yeah for me they're pretty big anyway. Decided that after years of kart racing to move out of that and spend my money on getting the camaro cleaned up and tuned up before I start pulling stuff off of it and get it ready for some drag racing. Headers, rear end, and lots of little pieces that will help it get a solid baseline before making larger changes to it. I've established an ever growing list of things that I hope to finish off this winter. Nothing to technical but things are I hope collectively will make a noticeable difference in performance. We'll see what happens.

1997 30th Anniversary Camaro.
        SLP CAI, Dynomax, PCM tune, SS Hood, Clear Corners, T-Tops, Sony Xplod

TEAM RED

Comment

Seafoam, plugs, wires. If you have someone with data logging software thatd be great to to make sure the engines running properly.

Comment

Schedule a trip to somewhere 400-600 miles away and drive it there and back. Your engine will be happier afterwards. Good time to run injector cleaner, change oil beforehand. Road trips have always made a clear difference in how the engine runs on my cars. Getting everything up to temp and running a constant rpm for hours on end is like a trip to the day-spa for your engine.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

• ssms5411
              Had to be evacuated again due to fire
              by ssms5411
              Had to be evacuated Monday again after a fire was going on the hill behind us. Only 3-4 hours, they did a good job getting it under control. Especially...
              1 week ago
            • RPDRed6
              For Sale: 2001 Chevrolet Camaro project.
              by RPDRed6
              Up for sale is my 2001 Chevrolet Camaro 3.8 in need of some TLC and help. I’ve owned this vehicle the past 18 years (since 2006) and it’s been very...
              3 weeks ago
            • ssms5411
              No start problem
              by ssms5411
              So went out to start the Camaro and no start, batteries are good just hear a thud sound, started up fine last Friday. Check the fuses and the battery...
              4 weeks ago

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
            Working...
            X