Car just died again...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Car just died again...

Smells like gas... have you checked your FPR?

But then again if that's the problem you would have a hard time cranking it. It wouldnt hurt to check it though.

Comment

Did a cursory check of the vacuum lines leading to map and fpr. Looks okay, but it's like 40 degrees outside.

Comment

I would say a stickey injector or like said FPR. Try some Lucas injector cleaner.
        08' L76 6.0L 4X4 Chevy EXT.Cab LTZ Vortec MAX with Snug top cover, Dynomax exhaust,Hptuners& K&N intake
        96' Camaro M5 to A4 conversion, alot of mods . GT35R Turbo full suspension. Built engine

Comment

I ran a can of Seafoam 3-4 tanks back.

Comment

Seafoam works well, still no codes? I guess it could be alot of things.
            08' L76 6.0L 4X4 Chevy EXT.Cab LTZ Vortec MAX with Snug top cover, Dynomax exhaust,Hptuners& K&N intake
            96' Camaro M5 to A4 conversion, alot of mods . GT35R Turbo full suspension. Built engine

Comment

No codes, I'll pick up an alternator and see how that works out, see if it will fix the bogging after revving.

Comment

Went out to start the car today, it ran/revved fine for a while, then the old problems started up again (almost stalling after revving).

Picked up a new alternator, but don't have time to install until weekend or so.

Comment

Changed out alternator, did nothing.

Using Scangauge, noticed that closed loop is fine, open loop, runs like balls. So what does open/closed loop mean?

Comment

open look using factory programed setting to warm engine up and get consistent performance at full throttle. Closed loop is when the O2 sensors warm up and the computer starts tunning as you drive, unless you floor it or have a bad/ not working O2 sensor.

Comment

So possibly a bad O2 sensor then?

Comment

I would say its more than a O2 sensor. But I would check them while your at it.

Comment

unplug the maf and see if it runs different. i believe maf sensors are notorious ( not necessarily in our cars ) for going bad and not coding out. i dont think maf is referenced during open loop but i could be wrong.

Comment

Once running if you have the software you can SD tune without the maf, but it will run like crap if it runs at all unplugged and trying to drive it.

Comment

Originally posted by thebeewantsboost View Post
                              unplug the maf and see if it runs different. i believe maf sensors are notorious ( not necessarily in our cars ) for going bad and not coding out. i dont think maf is referenced during open loop but i could be wrong.
                              Tried cleaning the MAF with alcohol and did nothing. Also ran with it unplugged, seemed to run worse. I scanned with real tool, and it came up with p0101, maf type problems. I noticed that if I pump the brakes, it seemed to idle better.

Yeah, I still haven't figured it out. I might have to drag it to the shop to fix.:cry:

Also let it run for a good 5 minutes idling there, never switched from open to closed loop.

Comment

^Vacuum leak somewhere?

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

• ssms5411
                                  Had to be evacuated again due to fire
                                  by ssms5411
                                  Had to be evacuated Monday again after a fire was going on the hill behind us. Only 3-4 hours, they did a good job getting it under control. Especially...
                                  1 week ago
                                • RPDRed6
                                  For Sale: 2001 Chevrolet Camaro project.
                                  by RPDRed6
                                  Up for sale is my 2001 Chevrolet Camaro 3.8 in need of some TLC and help. I’ve owned this vehicle the past 18 years (since 2006) and it’s been very...
                                  3 weeks ago
                                • ssms5411
                                  No start problem
                                  by ssms5411
                                  So went out to start the Camaro and no start, batteries are good just hear a thud sound, started up fine last Friday. Check the fuses and the battery...
                                  4 weeks ago

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X