Fuel rail and fpg

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fuel rail and fpg

Okay so I relocated my fuel pressure gauge to inline and put my shrader and cap back on the rail but I'm still leaking ah the shrader. However I'm not leaking at idle or startup it seems to only be with load. any ideas or suggestions are greatly appreciated

Re: Fuel rail and fpg

Its not tighten down all the way.
    08' L76 6.0L 4X4 Chevy EXT.Cab LTZ Vortec MAX with Snug top cover, Dynomax exhaust,Hptuners& K&N intake
    96' Camaro M5 to A4 conversion, alot of mods . GT35R Turbo full suspension. Built engine

Comment

Really? I was pretty sure I tightened it enough. Although I didn't want to over do it

Comment

So I mostly fixed the problem. I was going to put a valve core for tires in place of the leaking one, but I found one for a/c systems that I thought might work better. The a/c core was $4 vs the $36 from the dealer. If any of you see a reason as to why I shouldn't use this core please let me know.

Comment

Glead you fixeed it , fuel coming out isn't good.
          08' L76 6.0L 4X4 Chevy EXT.Cab LTZ Vortec MAX with Snug top cover, Dynomax exhaust,Hptuners& K&N intake
          96' Camaro M5 to A4 conversion, alot of mods . GT35R Turbo full suspension. Built engine

Comment

Da** straight! It still weeps a little, however I cannot get it to do it while it is idling. Before it was dripping fuel, now it just gets the slightest bit wet, but the valve is no longer filling up with gas. hopefully this was the reason my mpgs sucked so bad. What do you think about using the the a/c valve core steve?

Comment

If it fits then by all means, it shouldn't leak once tightened down. Mines been off since 01' so I don't know too much about them.

Comment

Never mind, it's also leaking where the schrader meets the rail. I'm going to need a new rail.

Comment

can't believe that little valve costs so much.if you run into something ilke that again just go by a tire store, they'll give you one for free.

Comment

Yea I know its rediculous, I saw the tire valves however I didnt know if it would be able to hold up against unleaded gas. The A/C valves were more similar to the stock one, and they were bigger around the bevel so they would probably seal better.

Comment

I think the AC valves would be a better choice than tire valves as far as material selection goes. My basis is that AC stuff usually uses HBNR (flourocarbon - usually I see them as green o-rings, though the color is just dye from my understanding) while I'm not sure what seals may be in a tire valve. Vitron is also used in fuel components (usually the red o-rings are vitron). I'm not sure what they use for fuel rail valves, but my bet would be that if it can withstand freon and ester, it should be better than something that can withstand compressed air (or pure nitrogen).

But the risk being a burned out automobile, I'd go for a valve that was made for being in a fuel rail, the sealing surfaces may be incompatable. If cost is an issue, perhaps autoparts stores may have an aftermarket part, or perhaps a junkyard part?

I suppose this is all pretty moot considering your present need to replace the whole rail.

Comment

Already paid 96rscamaro for the new rail. I just dread taking the thing off, I guess this is what I get for modding my car :rolleyes:

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

• ssms5411
                          Had to be evacuated again due to fire
                          by ssms5411
                          Had to be evacuated Monday again after a fire was going on the hill behind us. Only 3-4 hours, they did a good job getting it under control. Especially...
                          1 week ago
                        • RPDRed6
                          For Sale: 2001 Chevrolet Camaro project.
                          by RPDRed6
                          Up for sale is my 2001 Chevrolet Camaro 3.8 in need of some TLC and help. I’ve owned this vehicle the past 18 years (since 2006) and it’s been very...
                          3 weeks ago
                        • ssms5411
                          No start problem
                          by ssms5411
                          So went out to start the Camaro and no start, batteries are good just hear a thud sound, started up fine last Friday. Check the fuses and the battery...
                          4 weeks ago

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                        Working...
                        X