Vacuum Hose missing(need help)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Vacuum Hose missing(need help)

Hi guys I had my engine out for about 4 years and now installing it in the bay but they is a vacuum fitting missing a hose by a tee one goes to the brake booster don't see where the other goes but my guess is it suppose to take the vacuum inside the car for the operation of the flaps for the vents.
    Need a pic or part number or any guide as to what I am looking for.

Re: Vacuum Hose missing(need help)

check the back of the intake manifold

Comment

I know there is a T at the back of the Inlet manifold as I have said,one side goes to the Brake Booster but the question is what goes to the other side cause searching under the hood I can find the hose to push on the other side so I asking for a pic or part number or any guide as to were I shall look.

Comment

I think it goes to the Map sensor.
        08' L76 6.0L 4X4 Chevy EXT.Cab LTZ Vortec MAX with Snug top cover, Dynomax exhaust,Hptuners& K&N intake
        96' Camaro M5 to A4 conversion, alot of mods . GT35R Turbo full suspension. Built engine

Comment

Originally posted by ssms5411 View Post
          I think it goes to the Map sensor.
          Map sensor for sure. That is a tiny little hose with an L fitting.

Comment

The T I am speaking of is at the rear of the Inlet manifold,the brake booster Hose connects to one side, what connects to the other??? and no it's not the Map sensor,the map sensor connects to the Vacuum harness that connects the EVAP solenoid,fuel pressure regulator.

Comment

Still waiting on help.....

Comment

Is this a 3.4 or 3.8?

If 3.4 You got a pic? I'll go out and look for you if you could point me in the right direction.
                Last edited by landj; 01-16-2012, 10:44 PM.

Comment

Well, without a pic I'm not 100% sure that it's what you're talking about but on my 3.4 there is a tee going to the brake booster, and the olther one seems to be going into a wire loom traveling through the firewall. I couldn't find a diagram, and unfortunatley don't love you enough to tear out my dash, so I 'm going to guess that it goes to the heater/AC controls.

This post seems to confirm the heater/AC controls theory:
                  http://forum.camarov6.com/showthread...ght=vacuum+3.4
                  Last edited by landj; 01-18-2012, 11:35 AM.

Comment

Thanks alot Landj I found it.. it was for the 3.4L it is in the loom and in conjunction with the vacuum tank it takes engine vacuum to function the AC Vents as they are operated by engine vacuum so I found it the hardway by tracing the vacuum lines because I know vacuum has to go inside.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

• ssms5411
                      Had to be evacuated again due to fire
                      by ssms5411
                      Had to be evacuated Monday again after a fire was going on the hill behind us. Only 3-4 hours, they did a good job getting it under control. Especially...
                      1 week ago
                    • RPDRed6
                      For Sale: 2001 Chevrolet Camaro project.
                      by RPDRed6
                      Up for sale is my 2001 Chevrolet Camaro 3.8 in need of some TLC and help. I’ve owned this vehicle the past 18 years (since 2006) and it’s been very...
                      3 weeks ago
                    • ssms5411
                      No start problem
                      by ssms5411
                      So went out to start the Camaro and no start, batteries are good just hear a thud sound, started up fine last Friday. Check the fuses and the battery...
                      4 weeks ago

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                    Working...
                    X