engine noise.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• engine noise.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cDByU...ature=youtu.be i have this little walk around on my camaro and this nasty engine noise idk what it is anyone know?

Re: engine noise.

Oh god where do I begin with what's wrong?

I'll just stick with the engine noise: It sounds high pitched like an accessory bearing (alternator? idler? etc.). Take off the belt, start it up without the belt (just breifly) to see if there is any noise still. If no noise then its an accesory. Shut it down. I'd recommend grabbing each pully and spinning it to see if there is a lot of resistance. You can also wiggle each pulley to see if any are loose. If you find an accessory that's out of wack, then you've got your culpret.

Now for the stickers, dirt, and music... well that will have to be another thread.
    Last edited by landj; 01-17-2012, 01:00 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by landj View Post
      Oh god where do I begin with what's wrong?

I'll just stick with the engine noise: It sounds high pitched like an accessory bearing (alternator? idler? etc.). Take off the belt, start it up without the belt (just breifly) to see if there is any noise still. If no noise then its an accesory. Shut it down. I'd recommend grabbing each pully and spinning it to see if there is a lot of resistance. You can also wiggle each pulley to see if any are loose. If you find an accessory that's out of wack, then you've got your culpret.

Now for the stickers, dirt, and music... well that will have to be another thread.
      come on pal dont hate on my first car. i just got it and getting it fixed up . and maybe is my ac compressor ? or my water pump idk what it really is but its annoying and i hate it.

Comment

Not hating. Just not a fan of stickers or dirty cars. so what happened when you took off the belt?

Just took another look at your video. What's with the dryer duct? Is there hose clamps on there?
        Last edited by landj; 01-17-2012, 01:28 PM.

Comment

X2 on the stickers and dirt....
          X2 on taking the belt off and spinning things by hand.
          Sounds like it could be a water pump, but most likely something on the accessory belt.
          In America's Hat!

1997 Camaro 30th 'vert... GT1 cam/C6 wheels/Flowmaster/HIDs/Viper 2 way alarm/Alpine audio mods up the wazoo
          2005 Equinox LT... mostly stock daily/Thule snowsports roof system/sound + interior mods

Comment

Not hating. Just not a fan of stickers or dirty cars. so what happened when you took off the belt? racing crew? and my dad lives out west so nothing but dirt. and its the water pump.

Just took another look at your video. What's with the dryer duct? Is there hose clamps on there?
            i lost my below and had to find something and its works like a champ way better than my stock :)

Originally posted by 1997Canadian3.8 View Post
            X2 on the stickers and dirt....
            X2 on taking the belt off and spinning things by hand.
            Sounds like it could be a water pump, but most likely something on the accessory belt.
            yeah its the water pump

Comment

Originally posted by redv6 View Post
              i lost my below and had to find something and its works like a champ way better than my stock :)
              Make sure there's a good seal around it (hose clamp?), I'd hate for you to suck up sand, salt or dirt.

Originally posted by redv6 View Post
              yeah its the water pump
              Fun, I've just did mine for the second time when the chineese Duralast decided to fall apart after 18k. It's not bad, but I hope its easier to change for you than than it is on the 3.4. There should be some good write ups on this site to help you along.

Comment

Make sure there's a good seal around it (hose clamp?), I'd hate for you to suck up sand, salt or dirt. nothing comes in it . it clamps its self .

Fun, I've just did mine for the second time when the chineese Duralast decided to fall apart after 18k. It's not bad, but I hope its easier to change for you than than it is on the 3.4. There should be some good write ups on this site to help you along.
                ive changed them before not hard pretty easy. ill just get my friends to help me out.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

• ssms5411
                  Had to be evacuated again due to fire
                  by ssms5411
                  Had to be evacuated Monday again after a fire was going on the hill behind us. Only 3-4 hours, they did a good job getting it under control. Especially...
                  1 week ago
                • RPDRed6
                  For Sale: 2001 Chevrolet Camaro project.
                  by RPDRed6
                  Up for sale is my 2001 Chevrolet Camaro 3.8 in need of some TLC and help. I’ve owned this vehicle the past 18 years (since 2006) and it’s been very...
                  3 weeks ago
                • ssms5411
                  No start problem
                  by ssms5411
                  So went out to start the Camaro and no start, batteries are good just hear a thud sound, started up fine last Friday. Check the fuses and the battery...
                  4 weeks ago

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                Working...
                X