temp guage showing 160 all the time

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• temp guage showing 160 all the time

hey yall, gotta a question for ya before i jerk out the old thermostat-after reading some old threads, im thinkin it might be the thermo but not sure-i noticed my temp guage, after a 2 hour drive back from the hospital to visit a sick family member, was still showing around 160-165 in warmish weather (warm for february at 60-70) & when i pulled over almost home to get gas it slowly went up to around 170-175 but as soon as i pulled back out on the highway she went right back down to 165ish & she felt a little down on power (but not like in limp mode with a bad coil), (didnt think to check the fans but unless they are super quiet, dont remember hearing them running when i popped the hood to give a her look over) & best of my knowledge shes always ran round 195-200 with a 195 thermo-by the way shes a 98 with the 3.8-thanks yall
    Last edited by heavychevy383; 02-24-2012, 10:16 AM.

Re: temp guage showing 160 all the time

What's in it now? A 195?

Robert - owner www.FirebirdV6.com/CamaroV6.com

"Mid-life crisis? I'm way beyond that!"

1996 Black Firebird GTxxxRam Air V6 w/ M5xxxwww.FirebirdGT.com

Raven

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

• ssms5411
      Had to be evacuated again due to fire
      by ssms5411
      Had to be evacuated Monday again after a fire was going on the hill behind us. Only 3-4 hours, they did a good job getting it under control. Especially...
      1 week ago
    • RPDRed6
      For Sale: 2001 Chevrolet Camaro project.
      by RPDRed6
      Up for sale is my 2001 Chevrolet Camaro 3.8 in need of some TLC and help. I’ve owned this vehicle the past 18 years (since 2006) and it’s been very...
      3 weeks ago
    • ssms5411
      No start problem
      by ssms5411
      So went out to start the Camaro and no start, batteries are good just hear a thud sound, started up fine last Friday. Check the fuses and the battery...
      4 weeks ago

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
    Working...
    X