coolant hoses that go to the tensioner - FirebirdV6.com/CamaroV6.com Message Board

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

coolant hoses that go to the tensioner

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• coolant hoses that go to the tensioner

the tensioner has 2 rubber hoses that come out of it, not the plastic elbows but the rubber hoses on the pass side of it. they look like they should have some O-rings on them but they dont?? Is this correct or did my car eat the 0-rings it has a problem with eating O-rings on the fuel injectors and the thermastat and the coolant elbows they just vanish.

Re: coolant hoses that go to the tensioner

The hoses are hooked on with a black connector,the white plastic ring is more or less just a guard and prevents the hose connection from coming loose by accident.

Comment

I know that but are thier spose to be 0-rings on the end of the hose that recieds into the tensioner assyembly?

Comment

Yes theres 2 on the end of each one. If I remember right.
        Last edited by ssms5411; 04-10-2012, 08:13 PM.
        08' L76 6.0L 4X4 Chevy EXT.Cab LTZ Vortec MAX with Snug top cover, Dynomax exhaust,Hptuners& K&N intake
        96' Camaro M5 to A4 conversion, alot of mods . GT35R Turbo full suspension. Built engine

Comment

Originally posted by ssms5411 View Post
          Yes theres 2 on the end of each one. If I remember right.
          thank you. Bye the way those heads you sold me had a bolt broken off in them and i didnt notice till they where on the car.

Comment

There shouldn't of been any broken off bolts in them, they came off clean with no problems, and installed the new ones right after. Where was the broken off bolt?
            08' L76 6.0L 4X4 Chevy EXT.Cab LTZ Vortec MAX with Snug top cover, Dynomax exhaust,Hptuners& K&N intake
            96' Camaro M5 to A4 conversion, alot of mods . GT35R Turbo full suspension. Built engine

Comment

closest to the bottom of the head closest to the exhaust. there is about 3/8 of a inch of threads then a broken bolt. it was eathier one of the bolts for the tensioner or the bolt on the drivers side rear where a bracket that has a clip for electrical line is. its no big deal ill call it weight reduction
              Last edited by 01PewterDropTop; 04-10-2012, 10:15 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by 01PewterDropTop View Post
                I know that but are thier spose to be 0-rings on the end of the hose that recieds into the tensioner assyembly?
                Sorry I didn't realise you had removed them.

Comment

Originally posted by 01PewterDropTop View Post
                  closest to the bottom of the head closest to the exhaust. there is about 3/8 of a inch of threads then a broken bolt. it was eathier one of the bolts for the tensioner or the bolt on the drivers side rear where a bracket that has a clip for electrical line is. its no big deal ill call it weight reduction
                  You talking about the factory studed bolts for the driver side EGR? Thats the only bolts
                  I left on it.

Comment

Just realized i lost one of those O-Rings, anybody have a part number for them?
                    Daily: '02 Black Yukon Denali
                    Toy: '06 Torrid Red GTO
                    Gone: Powerdyned '02 Pewter Camaro
                    Gone: '07 Charcoal Yamaha R6
                    Gone: Ex-wife, lol

Comment

Just orderd some this morning, i will provide the part number after i go pick them up.
                      Daily: '02 Black Yukon Denali
                      Toy: '06 Torrid Red GTO
                      Gone: Powerdyned '02 Pewter Camaro
                      Gone: '07 Charcoal Yamaha R6
                      Gone: Ex-wife, lol

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

• ssms5411
                        Had to be evacuated again due to fire
                        by ssms5411
                        Had to be evacuated Monday again after a fire was going on the hill behind us. Only 3-4 hours, they did a good job getting it under control. Especially...
                        1 week ago
                      • RPDRed6
                        For Sale: 2001 Chevrolet Camaro project.
                        by RPDRed6
                        Up for sale is my 2001 Chevrolet Camaro 3.8 in need of some TLC and help. I’ve owned this vehicle the past 18 years (since 2006) and it’s been very...
                        3 weeks ago
                      • ssms5411
                        No start problem
                        by ssms5411
                        So went out to start the Camaro and no start, batteries are good just hear a thud sound, started up fine last Friday. Check the fuses and the battery...
                        4 weeks ago
                      • SixShooter'00Camaro
                        Revival
                        by SixShooter'00Camaro
                        Working on getting my 99 Camaro back in action. Long story short, got parked in the garage about 5 years ago (kids, career stuff ect.) trying to get her...
                        4 weeks ago

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                      Working...
                      X