Resloan Outcomes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Resloan Outcomes

I have posted problems with oil pressure on my rebuilt 3.8 engine. The pressure would drop in a big way at low speeds and at a light. I drained out about a quart and added Resloan and now the oil pressure seems to be stable. Go figure.

Re: Resloan Outcomes

Rislone is good stuff but it's an additive that increases the viscosity index so the oil doesn't thin out so much when the engine is hot. However the existing low oil pressure problem probably still exists when you stop using the product.

I went through several oil pressure sensors giving me false oil pressure readings when it was Royal Purple giving me the problem. Switched to Mobil 1 Synthetic and it's running beautifully over 350,000 miles with stable oil pressure and no oil treatment bottles added.

Snake oils are really a temporary fix. What brand oil and weight are you using?
    Black \'96 RS Camaro, 3.8 V6 Series II, M5, Stock 200 HP, 204K miles! Stock \'91 Firebird 3.1 V6 automatic w/ overdrive. 266,400 miles on it. \'83 Pontiac Trans Am,305 LG4, Cowl Induction,Borg Warner 5 Speed,T-Tops,Gale Banks Exhaust System:$800 obo

Comment

I am using Castrol GTX high mileage 10 W 40. I have a new oil pressure guage too.

Comment

theres your problem thats a conventional oil, wont work right in our oil systems. when I had a new 3.4L put in mine the shop said they used mobile 1 but come to find out( I work for the autozone that supplies them) they never bought mobile 1 just conventional oil and it was doing the same. very erratic oil pressures and very low idle pressures

Comment

I run Castrol GTX 5w30 in mine and have had zero issues. I have always been a castrol fan and have ran it in all my cars (camaro's the newest thing I have had so no synthetics)

Comment

the problem there is the engine is designed for synthetics not only for there lubrication properties but also for the cleaning agents in them. If its working for you great but I never recommend a non synthetic for any F-body engine

Comment

Nothing in the 2000 3.8 says anything about synthetic Nothing.
              I had Mobile One in the last engine and the car threw a rod
              anyway...so much for their protection.

Comment

i use full synthetic in my camaro. but if the engines were really "designed" to use anything other than dino oil it would say it on the oil cap. user manual etc. should not be an issue at all.

Comment

I gad the same issue, but on a stock motor. 100k miles and I dropped in a qt of the additive we use at work [TX7] and its been fine for the last 36k... mine would drop completely to zero though.

Comment

Originally posted by PalmHarbor View Post
                    Nothing in the 2000 3.8 says anything about synthetic Nothing.
                    I had Mobile One in the last engine and the car threw a rod
                    anyway...so much for their protection.
                    Check your owners manual. I remember my '97 saying specifically that GM recommended their own oil or Mobil 1.
                    1995 Pontiac Firebird
                    2008 Chevrolet Silverado LT Crew Cab 4x4

Comment

mobil 1 full synthetic? or just mobil 1? i worked at a ford dealership and unless it was a diesel we just used some synthetic blend shell brand 5w20 or 30 out of a big tank. not motorcraft.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                      Working...
                      X