05 altima - wheel noise

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 05 altima - wheel noise

My sister has an 05 altima and I've had trouble finding a frequented forum that has knowledgeable people visiting. There is a pulsating noise that increases in frequency and seems directly proportional to road speed coming from the right front wheel. No change if I shift into neutral. Loudest turning left, almost gone when turning right though still pretty loud if you're going straigh, speeding up or slowing down. The brakes were pulsating when applied so I put new front rotors on earlier today. That got rid of the pulsating brakes (rotors were visibly warped - apparently Monroe uses crappy rotors. The pads after almost 2 years were still great). Also swapped the front wheels when I was doing the brakes to rule out a bent wheel. Is there anything left to eliminate besides the bearing and or hub assembly? Sway bar and tie rod ends all looked intact.
    Last edited by MegaHertz; 06-23-2012, 08:37 PM.
    96 White M5 Camaro. Manual everything. Magnaflow cat, dynomax dual outlet axle back. Swapped to a disc rear with 3.42s and a torsen differential, kyb gr2 rear shocks, moog rear endlinks.

Re: 05 altima - wheel noise

CV joint?

Comment

The exact same thing happened to my GTP when I first bought it. Sounds like identical symptoms too.

I know you said aside from the hub assembly, but -
      I changed the hub on it for like $100 and some change from Autozone.

Sent from my Verizon Wireless smartphone.

Comment

Does it sound mini-popping sounds? If it is then more likely the cv joint needs to be changed.

Comment

It sounds like someone put a piece of plastic that is hitting against a couple bumps on the wheel - Its definitely more of a clicking or popping than a grinding noise.
          96 White M5 Camaro. Manual everything. Magnaflow cat, dynomax dual outlet axle back. Swapped to a disc rear with 3.42s and a torsen differential, kyb gr2 rear shocks, moog rear endlinks.

Comment

I had to replace the hub on the Camaro last night, and that's not the same symptoms I was getting. Cv sounds like your best bet,possibly a loose steering or suspension component.

Comment

Shop replaced the front left bearing - noise gone(I could have sworn it was the right making the noise).

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
              Working...
              X