Window track help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Window track help

okay so my brother is home for a month from being stationed in japan and i was letting him drive my car around being nice since i haven't seen him in a year and he has no car but a yesterday he came and told me my window fell off the track that it would roll up you just have to guide it so i looked at it and it comes out that a piece that connects the window to the track is broke.

i am wanting to know what piece it is and what would i need to buy and can you tell me where this random piece goes i found it inside my door

Re: Window track help

Same thing happened to me. I JB welded a large washer (to distribute load) on the window frame and smaller washer to it (to reduce the hole size) and used a grade 8 bolt and nut to secure the window frame to the track. It worked right up until the day I sold the car, and is still working so far as I know, about 5 years later.

Moving to Gen Tech.
    sigpic
    1996 Chevrolet Camaro
    1995 Buick Park Avenue Ultra
    --Appearance Moderator--

Comment

Would you have any pictures of the job and can you tell me what that black piece is

Comment

I don't have any pictures, no. And my memory is foggy as that was 5 years ago. But the ripped out hole in your top picture is where I glued on the washers and threaded the bolt through. Now that I think of it, I think what I ended up doing was modifying that piece you're holding by drilling it out and tapping threads into it, and then gluing the washer to the outboard side of the frame and threading the bolt from that side. But like it said, it's been 5 years and I don't really remember how it's set up. Do a search, I think I got the idea from hockeyman, who at the time I believe had a picture or two up.

I don't recognize the bottom part. Maybe something on the handle or latch mechanism. I haven't had a Camaro door apart in years.
        sigpic
        1996 Chevrolet Camaro
        1995 Buick Park Avenue Ultra
        --Appearance Moderator--

Comment

There are two pieces that are sold at the dealer but they must order them. They ordered them for me and the parts guy knows what you need. Easy to instal

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
          Working...
          X