Y87 package?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Y87 package?

I was wanting to know how to find out if my car came with the Y87 performance package?I've read about and have been trying to find any clues on whether or not I have it and so far all I got to go by is wheels, which mine shows on the sticker it came factory with the 235/55 16 size wheels and tires. Now I don't know if the wheels could've been a seperate option, and the only other way I could find out would be getting into the rear diff and checking out the gears. I also read about some with the Y87 got the dual pipe treatment but mine had the single. Is there any other way to find out like through the VIN? Anything would be helpful.

Re: Y87 package?

RPO codes. Look in the door jamb for a big sticker with a bunch of 3 letter codes. That tells you all the options your car has. There's a breakdown in the tech database on here.
    http://tech.firebirdv6.com/generalspecs.html
    Last edited by Docta; 09-18-2012, 10:58 PM. Reason: Forgot link

Comment

Pretty much, if the car came stock with single out exhaust, then you dont have y87 package.

Comment

I've got 3 stickers on the door and one of them has pretty much worn off, and I'm sure it was the one with the RPO codes too. Oh well thought I'd ask.

Comment

You can use a vin decoder to see what RPO codes and options your car has.
          '99 Camaro
          '04 Saab 9-3 Aero
          '90 Audi Coupe Quattro

Comment

Originally posted by philbar71 View Post
            Pretty much, if the car came stock with single out exhaust, then you dont have y87 package.
            This is not true,
            I have a 2001 Camaro and Y87 RPO code, with European specs, and they have an exhaust with single outlet.
            It's the orginal exhaust, i have her already 7 years.

Comment

Just type in your VIN # and it will give you all your RPO codes

http://www.compnine.com/vid.php

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
              Working...
              X