Leaking Valve Cover

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Leaking Valve Cover

Took my car on a cruise last night, and when I made it home saw smoke coming from the engine. I'm assuming its the valve cover gasket? Just making sure since they're only 6 months old since theyve been replaced... Or could it be leaking from oil cap tube?

Attached Files

Re: Leaking Valve Cover

None of that looks bad enough to cause smoke, or at least enough smoke for you to see.

I would check around, maybe look and see if the y pipe has any oil on it.
    Team NoVa

2000 Firebird- Intake, Pacesetters, !cat, full 2.5 to flowcrapster, 1.9 rockers, LS6 springs and Intense modded retainers, WS6 speedlines, T/A bumpers and hatch, 5 spd swapped, SOON TO BE nitrous'd and cammed.

Comment

I would check your PCV too make sure its not blocked.
      08' L76 6.0L 4X4 Chevy EXT.Cab LTZ Vortec MAX with Snug top cover, Dynomax exhaust,Hptuners& K&N intake
      96' Camaro M5 to A4 conversion, alot of mods . GT35R Turbo full suspension. Built engine

Comment

Wiped the residue oil off the cover today, looked around for any leaks but still cant find the source
        Its starting to smoke worse than it did last night, guess ill jack up the car tomorrow and check the y pipe im guessing it would be the rear main seal??

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
        Working...
        X