Lean Code?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lean Code?

Okay, now that I have new tires and the suspension is actually attached to my car, I can hear rattling in the exhaust. I have a lean code that comes and goes and my car runs okay, but not that well. I think I may have a leak? Would that cause a lean code? I replaced all 3 oxygen sensors with Bosch units about 3-4 months ago. Any Ideas?

Well if the leak is the cause of the lean code. It would have to be at or before the o2 sensor. It could also be a bum o2 sensor itself. Could be many things. Try to isolate where the exhaust leak is and go from there

Comment

Re: Lean Code?

Shouldn't of used Bosch their not that great. Like said see if you can find a exhaust leak.
      08' L76 6.0L 4X4 Chevy EXT.Cab LTZ Vortec MAX with Snug top cover, Dynomax exhaust,Hptuners& K&N intake
      96' Camaro M5 to A4 conversion, alot of mods . GT35R Turbo full suspension. Built engine

Comment

How can I find an exhaust leak? The code is a lean bank 2 I believe. So I guess start looking at bank 2? I dont know which bank that is. I hear like a vibration or metal sound at around 3800-4500 RPMs. Sounds like an exhaust rattle or leak. How can I be sure of the source?

Comment

bank 2 is after the catalytic converter or on the right side after the i believe im not sure, mine had that problem also , it turned out that i just had the sensor disconnected

Comment

Well the weird thing is that it doesnt stay on. It goes off and comes on. It seems that when I am easy on the car, It comes on and when I jump on it more often it turns off. Its weird. My conclusion, based on the rattle and this code is that I have a leak. Just not sure how to find it.

Comment

best thing you could do is put it on 4 jack stands and get a crawler and get under there and move the exhaust system and see where it moves from the most

Comment

Well guys I found the leak. I seafoamed it, and found a bad leak to be between both manifolds and the Y-pipe. Shortly afterwards another problem arose. I'll post a new thread about it.

Comment

Do Exhaust Leaks cause lean codes?

Comment

Well an o2 sensor is testing the amount of o2 (oxygen) is in the exhaust. (And the engine is producing after combustion). It its escaping the exhaust before it reaches that o2 sensor. Its going to detect less o2 than it should. If its after the cat, it won't tell your computer to richen up the air fuel ratio. But it will drop a code on yo *** and cause issues with trying to inspect it

Comment

Weird thing that it passed inspection.The leak is like right where the manifold bolts to the y-pipe. Crazy. It only threw the code occasionally

Comment

When a MAF when is going bad can also throw that code.

Comment

Ohh okay well thanks. I wish this issue was that simple, I changed the mass airflow not too long ago. After I sea foamed it, I saw the leak, Im just not 100% positive that itd fix the lean bank two. I am going to fix it anyways though

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                          Working...
                          X