3.4l Performance mod's

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 3.4l Performance mod's

Okay everyone, I've been reading on here about some performance modifications that I could do to my 3.4L Camaro. I have already done a true K&N air intake and I don't have a muffler on my car just a cat with a straight pipe coming out the back (sounds good at idle but sounds terrible at WOT) and that's all that's been done to my 3.4L Camaro so far.

Anyways, I would like to add a muffler to it. I'm thinking a cheap thrush welded muffler, but I'm not sure how it would sound at WOT, but it's got to be better than what it sounds like now.

Also I've been reading about Jet performance chips? Do they really help or do they hurt performance? I mean that seems like a very simple mod that I could do in like 10 minutes or less.

Anyone have any other input on what else I should do. I already ordered a B&M ripper shifter knock off for the shifter because the stock shifter felt like I was shifting a dump truck.

Re: 3.4l Performance mod's

For a muffler I would do Dynomax super turbo muffler. As for Jet chip I don't know I use Hptuners and its probably the best as for tuning. You could do suspension mods that would help. The ripper is a good mod.
    08' L76 6.0L 4X4 Chevy EXT.Cab LTZ Vortec MAX with Snug top cover, Dynomax exhaust,Hptuners& K&N intake
    96' Camaro M5 to A4 conversion, alot of mods . GT35R Turbo full suspension. Built engine

Comment

Alright, how much does hp tuners cost?
      Where can I get it?

Comment

I don't think they make it for the 3.4 only 97 and up. Maybe someone with a Jet chip will chime in and give their opinion on it.
        08' L76 6.0L 4X4 Chevy EXT.Cab LTZ Vortec MAX with Snug top cover, Dynomax exhaust,Hptuners& K&N intake
        96' Camaro M5 to A4 conversion, alot of mods . GT35R Turbo full suspension. Built engine

Comment

There's a stage 2 Jet Chip, but you have to have supporting mods already in place like exhaust, 180* stat, and you have to use a higher octane. It sells for 250$.

IMO it's not worth it. I would go with what Steve said with HP tuner.

Comment

Hp tuners doesn't work on 3.4s. However you can get tuner pro and use it if you have a 5spd or a 93 auto. I could hook you up with a dude to talk to about tuning the 3.4 if you'd like. He knows alot more than me :P
            Last edited by SlasherVRGR; 05-18-2013, 07:17 AM.

Comment

A good set of headers will give your 3.4 the biggest hp boost. You can also change the gears to some 3.73's to get up and moving but you will have to have the ecm changed to keep the speedo correct. I also added an underdrive crank pulley and an adjustable fuel pressure regulator. A good port and polish job will also add some hp. I run a hooker aero chamber muffler. It has a good flow rating and sounds good.

Comment

your list of mods really is depending on how much time and money your willing to put into this car. for cheep/free not much. as said exhaust is a big restriction so its a good place to start. if you can fabricate look at FI either superchargers or turbo, also a growing mod is the 3x00 top end. that is the most involved but IMO is the highest gain for your effort. Most 60* forums like this one have a top end swap thread and most point to wot tech for new/ referb parts. For any of these upgrades you should tune the car to make the most but that will require a different PCM, talk to TKforpresident if you have a T5 or 93 , or I could help you out with megasquirt. Both are good setups they just go about it differently.
                Last edited by A fireman; 05-19-2013, 12:16 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by SlasherVRGR View Post
                  Hp tuners doesn't work on 3.4s. However you can get tuner pro and use it if you have a 5spd or a 93 auto. I could hook you up with a dude to talk to about tuning the 3.4 if you'd like. He knows alot more than me :P

Yeah if you could hook me up that would be great. I have a 93 3.4L 5 speed would it work on that?

Comment

I've got a ported and polished throttle body that would literally be a 5 minute install for sale. Would compliment your cold air intake nicely.

Comment

Oh and tkoforpresident was banned from this site by a disgruntled moderator so his knowledge is no longer available on this site ( i'm his brother so I know ;) ) But he's over on v6f-body.com if you really want to pick his brain

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

• ssms5411
                        Had to be evacuated again due to fire
                        by ssms5411
                        Had to be evacuated Monday again after a fire was going on the hill behind us. Only 3-4 hours, they did a good job getting it under control. Especially...
                        1 week ago
                      • RPDRed6
                        For Sale: 2001 Chevrolet Camaro project.
                        by RPDRed6
                        Up for sale is my 2001 Chevrolet Camaro 3.8 in need of some TLC and help. I’ve owned this vehicle the past 18 years (since 2006) and it’s been very...
                        3 weeks ago
                      • ssms5411
                        No start problem
                        by ssms5411
                        So went out to start the Camaro and no start, batteries are good just hear a thud sound, started up fine last Friday. Check the fuses and the battery...
                        4 weeks ago

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                      Working...
                      X