Engine Pic

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Engine Pic

Got a pic of the crate motor. Looks good as of now, should be in the car ready tomorrow.
    Attached Files

Re: Engine Pic

Is this the L67? How can I tell?

Comment

There is a picture of my before and after rear sway bar picture. which by the way I had a question about, but I will get to that. then there is one of what it looked like before the last tear down.

As far as the rear sway bar, I dont think I installed it right? It crashes occasionally and its that. The original problem was that the after market bracket that bolted to the car kept coming loose making for a lot of noise. So I put back the stock ones held on with 2 bolts instead of the 1 on the aftermarket set up. Now it makes almost no noise but I am not sure how tight to tighten the horseshoe bolts on the axle. any suggestions?
      Attached Files

Comment

That's an L36, no injector bosses in the head.

Comment

so the 2001 Camaro uses an L36?

Comment

Originally posted by nwilson44 View Post
            so the 2001 Camaro uses an L36?
            Yes, that's the only V6 type for our cars. L67 is for the root supercharged application.

Comment

Originally posted by 2.8 Bird View Post
              Yes, that's the only V6 type for our cars. L67 is for the root supercharged application.
              Gotcha, Thanks

Comment

Since it's a factory crate motor, could it be a series 3 L26 instead of the older series 2 L36? I would assume since they are the same engine that they would all be the newer model. I have no clue, I'm just thinking out loud here...
                aka FreedStyle
                Chaddrich Freed

(1 of 443) 2002 SLP Firebird GT #107 (244rwhp/254rwtq naturally aspirated)
                2008 Silverado Crew Cab 5.3L 4x4

Comment

Originally posted by CFreed11 View Post
                  Since it's a factory crate motor, could it be a series 3 L26 instead of the older series 2 L36? I would assume since they are the same engine that they would all be the newer model. I have no clue, I'm just thinking out loud here...
                  Can you tell by the pick?

Comment

No, the difference is not visible to the eye, from outside the motor anyway. The newer L26 would have powdered metal rods instead of the casted rods ours originally came with. I forget if there is a slight difference in valve size or not. Regardless, it would bolt right up and fit in our cars just like the original motor.
                    aka FreedStyle
                    Chaddrich Freed

(1 of 443) 2002 SLP Firebird GT #107 (244rwhp/254rwtq naturally aspirated)
                    2008 Silverado Crew Cab 5.3L 4x4

Comment

Rumor is the car will be back tomorrow before lunch time. I'll tell you my observations as soon as I can get some reliable ones.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

• ssms5411
                        Had to be evacuated again due to fire
                        by ssms5411
                        Had to be evacuated Monday again after a fire was going on the hill behind us. Only 3-4 hours, they did a good job getting it under control. Especially...
                        1 week ago
                      • RPDRed6
                        For Sale: 2001 Chevrolet Camaro project.
                        by RPDRed6
                        Up for sale is my 2001 Chevrolet Camaro 3.8 in need of some TLC and help. I’ve owned this vehicle the past 18 years (since 2006) and it’s been very...
                        3 weeks ago
                      • ssms5411
                        No start problem
                        by ssms5411
                        So went out to start the Camaro and no start, batteries are good just hear a thud sound, started up fine last Friday. Check the fuses and the battery...
                        4 weeks ago

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                      Working...
                      X