0-60 5.8 1/4 13.682 @ 86.68

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 0-60 5.8 1/4 13.682 @ 86.68

Well guys I did a run with my GPS based application in my car and Came away with some really good numbers In my opinion. I still havent gotten the tune yet and if its of any consequence I have one bad Ignition wire.

Also Pacesetter used my car on there Facebook Page to get a sound clip of their Headers on our cars!!!!!

I uploaded a screen shot of my acceleration.
    Attached Files

Re: 0-60 5.8 1/4 13.682 @ 86.68

Those numbers don't seem accurate

Comment

GPS numbers are not really realistic, try a track for real numbers.
      08' L76 6.0L 4X4 Chevy EXT.Cab LTZ Vortec MAX with Snug top cover, Dynomax exhaust,Hptuners& K&N intake
      96' Camaro M5 to A4 conversion, alot of mods . GT35R Turbo full suspension. Built engine

Comment

Originally posted by ssms5411 View Post
        GPS numbers are not really realistic, try a track for real numbers.
        I am trying lol, I want to go to the track but its a good 50+ miles away. I mean magazines test cars with GPS?!?! I got a perfect launch too with warm tires. It is running its best, but I will verify with a trip to the track asap.

Comment

Originally posted by nwilson44 View Post
          I am trying lol, I want to go to the track but its a good 50+ miles away. I mean magazines test cars with GPS?!?! I got a perfect launch too with warm tires. It is running its best, but I will verify with a trip to the track asap.

I don't know any magazine that uses a GPS for their times. I watch Motor week and they use a track to post any of their numbers on the cars they review. Your car is a 15 second to maybe high 14 sec. car with your mods depending on the DA.
          08' L76 6.0L 4X4 Chevy EXT.Cab LTZ Vortec MAX with Snug top cover, Dynomax exhaust,Hptuners& K&N intake
          96' Camaro M5 to A4 conversion, alot of mods . GT35R Turbo full suspension. Built engine

Comment

Those numbers aren't even close to accurate...13.6 @86mph? If you are truly trapping 86mph in the 1/4 you're a mid to high 15 second car.

The only way those numbers are even remotely possible is if you had a 10 second car that was on the brakes slowing down after the 1/8th, and if that were so, your 1/8th mile would not have such a low trap either.

None of those numbers correlate to the respective speeds or are even remotely close to correlating.

To run a 13.6 you are trapping very high 90's like 98-99mph at a minimum and that's in an A4, if you are manual you are trapping even higher, probably about 5mph higher.

2002 SOM Z28 Camaro - 12.9 @ 104 mph
            1996 3800 Camaro - 13.43 @ 100.77 mph

Project Cars | How To Guides | Scratch Repair | Synthetic Oil

Comment

Originally posted by LETZRIDE View Post
              Those numbers aren't even close to accurate...13.6 @86mph? If you are truly trapping 86mph in the 1/4 you're a mid to high 15 second car.

The only way those numbers are even remotely possible is if you had a 10 second car that was on the brakes slowing down after the 1/8th, and if that were so, your 1/8th mile would not have such a low trap either.

None of those numbers correlate to the respective speeds or are even remotely close to correlating.

To run a 13.6 you are trapping very high 90's like 98-99mph at a minimum and that's in an A4, if you are manual you are trapping even higher, probably about 5mph higher.
              Yeah I am starting to question this application now. It had full GPS signal so IDK why it didnt get accurate results. That trap speed is low

Comment

Originally posted by LETZRIDE View Post

What do you think about the 0-60?

Comment

it matches likely what a 13.6 car would do, not yours lol. You're likely high high 6's, low 7's.

Depends on a lot of things though to. You could be a slow car, but do 0-60 stupid fast with a big stall with a large STR and really numerically high gearing.

2002 SOM Z28 Camaro - 12.9 @ 104 mph
                  1996 3800 Camaro - 13.43 @ 100.77 mph

Project Cars | How To Guides | Scratch Repair | Synthetic Oil

Comment

60' 2.793@ 55.38 MPH

0-60 5.864 seconds

IT takes more than 3 seconds to get that last 4 1/2 MPH?

That 60' puts you close to 16.0 ET.

And your GPS APP should go to the recycle bin.
                    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by bigbrian442 View Post
                      60' 2.793@ 55.38 MPH

0-60 5.864 seconds

IT takes more than 3 seconds to get that last 4 1/2 MPH?

That 60' puts you close to 16.0 ET.

And your GPS APP should go to the recycle bin.
                      lol yeah I think thats where its going lol I want to get to the track so bad lol but work is killing me! I am going to post a review on my car on my channel in a bit, along with the other reviews I have collected. I am going to go to the track as soon as I can, but yeah 200+ HP + 3400IBS is deff in the high14 low 15.

Comment

50 miles isn't that far to drive to get to the track.

I drive that everytime I go to TMSP.

Mike has to drive further than me.

If I go to St. Thomas its 210 miles round trip.

Comment

Originally posted by transamtom1 View Post
                          50 miles isn't that far to drive to get to the track.

I drive that everytime I go to TMSP.

Mike has to drive further than me.

If I go to St. Thomas its 210 miles round trip.
                          No its not so much the distance as it is the time. I only have certain friday's off a month so its difficult. Royal Purple raceway is pretty close compared to how far some people drive.

Comment

Those number are not right. I run 15.5s at 88mph in the 1/4 mile

Comment

Originally posted by nwilson44 View Post
                              No excuses lol. I drove 110 miles one way to the track many times this summer for points.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

• 2.8 Bird
                                Good to see the site is back up
                                by 2.8 Bird
                                So there going to be anything new or update to the site since Bill is now the owner?

I know there's still alot of interest in the fbody V6....
                                3 days ago
                              • FirebirdGT
                                New Site Hosting Issues
                                by FirebirdGT
                                All - sorry but there seems to be some glitches from moving to a new Host - hopefully they will be fixed soon.

If needed you can email me...
                                2 weeks ago

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X