EGR gone

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• EGR gone

Took out the EGR awhile back. There is less of a lag now when it accelerates, just now I'm curious if there is something I can do to not have the plug and wire just hang loose like it does right now. If there is something I can plug it up to to trick it would be neat too. Hoping maybe the computer will unlearn it like it seems to have with the cats gone. No tune on it yet just a Jet Performance Stage 2 PCM. Also the EGR delete has not affected my gas-mileage, still getting 16.something mpg in stop and go city driving.

Re: EGR gone

Originally posted by StingerZ26 View Post
    Took out the EGR awhile back. There is less of a lag now when it accelerates, just now I'm curious if there is something I can do to not have the plug and wire just hang loose like it does right now. If there is something I can plug it up to to trick it would be neat too. Hoping maybe the computer will unlearn it like it seems to have with the cats gone. No tune on it yet just a Jet Performance Stage 2 PCM. Also the EGR delete has not affected my gas-mileage, still getting 16.something mpg in stop and go city driving.
    Cut it off? lol
    mine just dangles. Not too noticable

Comment

Re: EGR gone

It will not unlearn it , the codes will be present unless tuned out. Your cat is probably stored in the codes but has not set off the check engine light yet.
      08' L76 6.0L 4X4 Chevy EXT.Cab LTZ Vortec MAX with Snug top cover, Dynomax exhaust,Hptuners& K&N intake
      96' Camaro M5 to A4 conversion, alot of mods . GT35R Turbo full suspension. Built engine

Comment

I've deleted mines function without getting a code. I just made block off plates and cut the "hoses" off and kept it plugged in for now until I get the code tuned out when I buy hpt

Sent from my MB870 using Tapatalk

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

• 2.8 Bird
          Good to see the site is back up
          by 2.8 Bird
          So there going to be anything new or update to the site since Bill is now the owner?

I know there's still alot of interest in the fbody V6....
          3 days ago
        • FirebirdGT
          New Site Hosting Issues
          by FirebirdGT
          All - sorry but there seems to be some glitches from moving to a new Host - hopefully they will be fixed soon.

If needed you can email me...
          2 weeks ago

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
        Working...
        X