Help figuring out which gasket?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Help figuring out which gasket?

I think either 10mm or 13mm I can't remember its been 15 years since I took mine off.
    08' L76 6.0L 4X4 Chevy EXT.Cab LTZ Vortec MAX with Snug top cover, Dynomax exhaust,Hptuners& K&N intake
    96' Camaro M5 to A4 conversion, alot of mods . GT35R Turbo full suspension. Built engine

Comment

Originally posted by ssms5411 View Post
      I think either 10mm or 13mm I can't remember its been 15 years since I took mine off.
      I'm assuming thats a great thing! I was using a (1/2) but it fit to small, pretty sure it will be a 13mm then.

Would be easier if i went under the car and tried from there?

Comment

Yeah you could try it and see, have you got the LIM off yet? Might give you some more room.
        08' L76 6.0L 4X4 Chevy EXT.Cab LTZ Vortec MAX with Snug top cover, Dynomax exhaust,Hptuners& K&N intake
        96' Camaro M5 to A4 conversion, alot of mods . GT35R Turbo full suspension. Built engine

Comment

I got all the bolts off the LIM, tried to sneak it out by pushing it towards the drivers side but it kept hitting the passenger's side valve cover... I'm guessing VC need to come out in order to get it out

Comment

I can't remember if it will come out with the valve cover or not. I've only done the head gaskets with the LIM and UIM, so the valve covers were always off before hand.

Comment

That rear lifting bracket has to be addressed in order to get the pass side valve cover off. Maybe you could get enough of it out of the way with a cut-off wheel. I have heard of another person bending it out of the way, but I would be worried about damaging the valve cover.

Comment

You don't need to take valve covers off to do uim and lim gaskets. There are two bolts one in front corner and one in back corner that are extremely hard to find on the lim. Did you remove those two bolts? If not the best way to find them is look at a diagram that shows all the bolts holding it down.

Comment

Originally posted by htmabe View Post
                  You don't need to take valve covers off to do uim and lim gaskets. There are two bolts one in front corner and one in back corner that are extremely hard to find on the lim. Did you remove those two bolts? If not the best way to find them is look at a diagram that shows all the bolts holding it down.
                  Yup you were right, just had a hard time taking of ICM bracket, last bolt in the back was a pain in the ***

Comment

Finally got everything torn apart! Not hard job, just need patience and couple brews

Hopefully get some pics up tomorrow on how eaten up the LIMs gaskets were

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                    Working...
                    X