Alternator

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Alternator

How many wires are coming from you guy's pigtail on your alternator? My car has one coming out put the ac delco replacement has 4! Is it supposed to have 4?

Re: Alternator

How do I properly replace the pigtail on the alternator?

Comment

On my 96' it has a 3-4 pin connector but only 1 wire coming out and its the wire that tells my gauge what volts its at. I would use a voltmeter to see if its putting out any volts.
      08' L76 6.0L 4X4 Chevy EXT.Cab LTZ Vortec MAX with Snug top cover, Dynomax exhaust,Hptuners& K&N intake
      96' Camaro M5 to A4 conversion, alot of mods . GT35R Turbo full suspension. Built engine

Comment

what do you mean?

Comment

Its a 3 pin connector going into the ALT. and has only 1 wire coming out of the connector, I think its the middle where the wire is coming out.
          08' L76 6.0L 4X4 Chevy EXT.Cab LTZ Vortec MAX with Snug top cover, Dynomax exhaust,Hptuners& K&N intake
          96' Camaro M5 to A4 conversion, alot of mods . GT35R Turbo full suspension. Built engine

Comment

Steve, would you mind getting a volt reading at that pin on the harness side of that connector with the key on? I've got a 96' camaro also but different engine PCM, and I'm curious if it is affecting my dash voltmeter.

Comment

Originally posted by techsan23 View Post
              Steve, would you mind getting a volt reading at that pin on the harness side of that connector with the key on? I've got a 96' camaro also but different engine PCM, and I'm curious if it is affecting my dash voltmeter.

Yeah no problem, are you running a 97' pcm? I get it in a little bit.

Comment

Correction its a 4 pin connector with 1 wire coming out, Techsan23 I got 0 volts with the key on.

Comment

Originally posted by ssms5411 View Post
                  Yeah no problem, are you running a 97' pcm? I get it in a little bit.
                  I was when I had the L36 in it. I'm running a 00' Ls1 PCM now and it's putting 10.5 volts to the alt and the voltmeter which some people are saying is normal for that PCM. I'm wondering what voltage the v6 PCM was doing since I still have the v6 gauge cluster. Thanks man.

Comment

Thats weird its having volts with the car off, sounds like it has power from the battery at all times. I would get a Haynes manual if you don't already have one and look at the wiring diagrams and see if you can rewire it for your gauge cluster.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

• 2.8 Bird
                      Good to see the site is back up
                      by 2.8 Bird
                      So there going to be anything new or update to the site since Bill is now the owner?

I know there's still alot of interest in the fbody V6....
                      6 hours ago
                    • FirebirdGT
                      New Site Hosting Issues
                      by FirebirdGT
                      All - sorry but there seems to be some glitches from moving to a new Host - hopefully they will be fixed soon.

If needed you can email me...
                      1 week ago
                    • LETZRIDE
                      New Owner!
                      by LETZRIDE
                      I am happy to announce that I have sold the site to Robert (FirebirdGT). Years ago this site went down when TealV6 had it, I bought it, refreshed it,...
                      4 weeks ago

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                    Working...
                    X