Thank you So much!!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Thank you So much!!!!

Thanks for all of the help you guys have given me on this forum with my 2001 3800 car. Here are some video links if you haven't had the chance, or havent seen my car.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qRF4EvG5cKM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8Yzf4m8Pyw8

I parted ways with my car 2.5 weeks ago for 6k. I went through a lot of trouble with it, and Im not going to sit here and say it was a piece of crap when the last owner didnt do crap to take care of it. The first link explains a bit of what I've been through with it. By the time it left me, that car was basically brand new (just with miles on it). You guys helped out a lot with crap and I just wanted to say thank you.

I ended up buying a 2002 Camaro Z28 M6 with a comp cam and exhaust cut out. It put down 360 RWHP and 350 RWTQ with just those two mods. crazy. Couldnt be more happier but something in me will always miss my ol 3800.

thanks guys

Re: Thank you So much!!!!

YOU GOT A SUPER PRICE FOR YOUR CAR..good for you
    Phil

Comment

Thanks. I sure did but I still lost money on it, and I had to put money into that to get my car now!

Comment

$6000, wow thats a surprise. What was KBB? How much was the LS1 and whats the mileage?
        08' L76 6.0L 4X4 Chevy EXT.Cab LTZ Vortec MAX with Snug top cover, Dynomax exhaust,Hptuners& K&N intake
        96' Camaro M5 to A4 conversion, alot of mods . GT35R Turbo full suspension. Built engine

Comment

Kbb said my old one was worth $3000 but it had a warrantied power train, new suspension, tires, brakes, sound system, and full bolt ons!

It's a 2002 Z28, 140k, $7500, 360 rwhp cam only

Comment

I would say you got very lucky getting what you got, most mods done to a vehicle usually don't pay off when selling. Thats a good price you got for the LS1 congrats.
            08' L76 6.0L 4X4 Chevy EXT.Cab LTZ Vortec MAX with Snug top cover, Dynomax exhaust,Hptuners& K&N intake
            96' Camaro M5 to A4 conversion, alot of mods . GT35R Turbo full suspension. Built engine

Comment

WOW. i'm not sure i'd get 6k out of mine and its a ridiculously nice v6.(IMO) with 70k on it

Comment

Its all about the buyer and what they value. My car booked for $4k. However he understood the discrepancy in the book values. He told me that he saw an identical one minus the factory re-manufactured 3800 & 4L60E, which means minus the warranty. My car was cleaner so that helped to, point being he could've purchased the same car for about $2500 less. I told him how much I had in the car and that I was willing to let it go for no less than $6k. He told me he had to think about it. When he told me he was going to buy it he also told me why. My car had 2.5 years left and over 90K miles of warranty. He said he couldnt buy that for $2500 nor could he replicated the bolt ons for that. (between us he could've probably gotten the bolt ons but not the factory warranties). I spent just under $7k at the dealership for my engine, trans, and rack and pinion. Car had new tires, new brakes, all synthetic fluid changes, new suspension, and new sound system.

I understand book values and why they exist. I just hate how some people swear by using it and wont pay a dime over that despite what they are looking at. This buyer obviously understood value. I understood that I wasnt going to get all my money back or even close to all of it back. I also wasnt going to give it away because of how much money I had in it.

IF you are wanting to sell your 3800 F-body you are going to get turned down alot at that price point because you can buy a 98 A4 LS1 in the same ball park. I just think they are different buyers. A V6 buyer obviously cares about looks, and some performance. A LS1 buyer is wanting a high performance car and is willing to sacrifice for it.

The buyer for my car was a guy that needed good MPG's because of school, but didnt want to pay for it VIA crappy styling, a cliche car, or an anemic engine. He's still driving it with no issues whatsoever. If you have a nice V6 car be proud of it and if you want to sell it be proud of it. People are going to trash talk it ect, but at the end of the day, its your money and you dont have to sell it for a penny less than you want. It may take time but so does every good thing.

If anyone has any questions feel free to PM me or comment and I'll help where needed.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                Working...
                X