Stalling

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Stalling

I have a 2001 camaro rs slp with a fresh rebuild that has a gt2 cam and everything that comes along with it::) my issue I'm having is when I accelerate from a stop it chokes and almost wants to die it will die completely when I make turns. This engine has maybe 15 miles on it but these few quirks I can't seem to narrow down. The idle also sounds at times irregular. Thanks for the help it is very much appreciated.

Re: Stalling

Any codes? Who did the cam install?
    08' L76 6.0L 4X4 Chevy EXT.Cab LTZ Vortec MAX with Snug top cover, Dynomax exhaust,Hptuners& K&N intake
    96' Camaro M5 to A4 conversion, alot of mods . GT35R Turbo full suspension. Built engine

Comment

Haven't ran the codes and I did the install machine shop did bottom end

Comment

Mine did this right after building my H/C/I engine a few months ago. I think it was just the pcm relearning the fuel trims because it was only after 15-20 minute drives and only happened within the first 50-60 miles on the engine. Since then, it hasn't done it and has been running nice and strong. I know it's embarassing, especially down at the beach around a ton of people when mine did it the first time, but give it a week or so and see if it goes away. I tuned mine myself and was still learning when this was happening. I later had it dyno tuned by ZZP, but the stalling had stopped before I took it to them.
        aka FreedStyle
        Chaddrich Freed

(1 of 443) 2002 SLP Firebird GT #107 (244rwhp/254rwtq naturally aspirated)
        2008 Silverado Crew Cab 5.3L 4x4

Comment

Ok so just give to some more time for the computer to learn? Also during that time did yours have trouble starting after it was warmed up? Mine occasionally has trouble catching

Comment

Mine didn't have any issues starting all. The only time it has trouble starting is if I didn't hold the key long enough and it floods the cylinders, then it takes a few cranks to fire. Otherwise, it starts right up. I also used my old starter, which I believe is still the original starter from the factory with ~110k miles.
            aka FreedStyle
            Chaddrich Freed

(1 of 443) 2002 SLP Firebird GT #107 (244rwhp/254rwtq naturally aspirated)
            2008 Silverado Crew Cab 5.3L 4x4

Comment

If you have not gotten a tune I would suggest it. The computer can only accommodate for so much. I experienced very similar problems after my build up. A tune helped a lot but it will never fully go away, as the tables need to correct this are not unlocked in HP tuners.
              Daily: '02 Black Yukon Denali
              Toy: '06 Torrid Red GTO
              Gone: Powerdyned '02 Pewter Camaro
              Gone: '07 Charcoal Yamaha R6
              Gone: Ex-wife, lol

Comment

I got a tune from zz performance.

Comment

Originally posted by Mirwin View Post
                  I have a 2001 camaro rs slp with a fresh rebuild that has a gt2 cam and everything that comes along with it::) my issue I'm having is when I accelerate from a stop it chokes and almost wants to die it will die completely when I make turns. This engine has maybe 15 miles on it but these few quirks I can't seem to narrow down. The idle also sounds at times irregular. Thanks for the help it is very much appreciated.
                  Questions:
                  1) Is the only significant mod the cam?
                  2) The response problem, does it occur during part-throttle "easy" driving?
                  3) Do you have wideband O2 data?
                  4) How'd the engine run before you changed the calibration?
                  Last edited by Hib Halverson; 07-15-2014, 10:22 AM. Reason: added content

Comment

Yes basically just the cam and everything that goes with in (105 springs, titanium retainers), shift kit
                    freshly rebuilt about 15 miles on it.

It hesitates and or stalls on light acceleration I haven't pushed it hard because im still in a break in period.

I have a wideband guage I just haven't hooked up yet and the engine ran great before the only reason I decided to change it up is because I replaced the head gasket and decided to go a little further.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                    Working...
                    X