Stupid curbs. *Update*

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Stupid curbs. *Update*

Hey there, I just hit a nice big curb. I'll get pics soon, but for now, here is my question. It dented,cracked, and gouged my passenger side underdoor strip. ((If you know what I mean. It's the long and narrow panel under the door, going from the front wheel well to the rear wheel well. No other damage done. I am an idiot. Anyway, how much should this cost to get done, and is my only option to go to a body shop?

-Justin

P.S. Once again, I am an idiot, and I deserve to be shot. :mad:

[ April 12, 2003: Message edited by: Justin Kirkham ]</p>
    <b><a href=\"http://www.cardomain.com/id/drkmind11\" target=\"_blank\">2000 Red Firebird Coupe, A4.</a></b> ((3.42 Gears, LSD Stock))<br />Details: 3\" Edelbrock Exhaust, 3\" Catco Cat,160* Thermostat, 8% Tint, TA Chrome Wheels, Viper 550.

my car came has a dent like that, and i got an estimate for $170.00 to fix it.
    My car has GPS trackin\',traffic alert,its own phone #,PS2,screens. And What da H3ll,When I Turn da key it says \"You\'ve got mail\"..... <br />I swear and promise.. I\'ve had more cars then Charlie Thomas.. bounces in a Monte\' that hopped.. Pimped old skoo Blazer on Chopz, Today Its a Camaro at all da plya spots.

Comment

if yours was only dented, it'd probably cost less to fix it (it's called the rocker panel btw :D )

if it's actually gouged, it'll probably cost a little more. I'd take it to an autobody shop just for the fact that it's probably gonna have to be repainted, so you might aswell get everything done all at once.

A friend did this to his old Lumina on Thursday when he hit this huuuuuge rock in the mountains. lol.

Comment

My camaro came with a dent under the door that you cant see. I just got ground effects and now its gone.
        1998 Onyx Black Camaro A4 2.75\" Custom Flomaster Catback, Removed Cat, MTI Lid, Jet Power Programmer, K&N air filter, 1LE aluminum driveshaft, maf screen removed.

Comment

i curbed my car, bent the LCA's, Panhard Rod, Torque arm, two rims, and moved my strut bar out of place. i did all the labor myself, and bought all the parts off of this forum, spent a little less than $200 if i would have tooken it to a shop i swear they would have charged over a grand.
          -christopher h<p>parting out v6 camaro. <p><a href=\"http://www.camarov6.com/cgi-bin/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic&f=8&t=004216\" target=\"_blank\">http://www.camarov6.com/cgi-bin/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic&f=8&t=004216</a>

Comment

Ok, I have a quote from a reputable place that seems fair and up front. Our the door cost with taxes and all will be $389.96. I hate to spend it, but my baby's worth it, and I will definately be more careful with her from now on. Most places quoted me about 500, and some even said 1000 for it. Oh, and my girlfriend called a place and they quoted her almost 2000.... stupid rip-offs... [img]graemlins/thumbsdown.gif[/img]

-Justin
            <b><a href=\"http://www.cardomain.com/id/drkmind11\" target=\"_blank\">2000 Red Firebird Coupe, A4.</a></b> ((3.42 Gears, LSD Stock))<br />Details: 3\" Edelbrock Exhaust, 3\" Catco Cat,160* Thermostat, 8% Tint, TA Chrome Wheels, Viper 550.

Comment

do you have any pics of the effects of the accident?

some of us might be able to offer some alternative suggestions if we can actually see what it looks like [img]smile.gif[/img]

Comment

Unfortunately, I won't be able to get pictures until 2 weeks from now, and I think that I am just going to get it fixed. Thanks though.

-Justin

Comment

<blockquote>quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by Justin Kirkham:
                  It dented,cracked, and gouged my passenger side underdoor strip. ((If you know what I mean. It's the long and narrow panel under the door, going from the front wheel well to the rear wheel well. <hr></blockquote>
                  Dude, heh, time for some more vocab. Its a Rockerpanel
                  <b>15.41</b> @ 89.80 & 15.45 @ <b>91.64</b>, 2.21 60ft, 3,440 raceweight, using <b>OEM</b> Equipment. <br />\'98 L67/M49 w/ 134,000 miles before spun bearing. \"<i>It\'s all stock, Baby</i>!\"

Comment

Well, the shop would have to replace the rocker panel and refinish it. I am an estimator, I can "estimate" for ya if you like.

Only those two lines should be on the estimate.
                    Replacing a panel includes removing whatever is neccessary. REPAIR does not include removing or masking. Then there is the refinish time.

I was about to check out the exact* pricing, but I don't have my VIN readily at hand and its raining outside. The main difference in price is labor. All shops use the same programs so parts is the SAME price for all.

[img]graemlins/burnout.gif[/img]
                    1999 Pewter Camaro M5<br />Y87 Performance Package, Sport Appearance Package, Diamond Clears<br />Factory SS Hood, Free Ram Air Mod, Whisper Lid w/ K&N Air Filter<br />CarSound Cat 94009, B&B Tri-Flo w/ Quad Tips<br />BMR SFC, BMR STB, KVR Blank Rotors, Hawk HPS Pads<br />Black Painted Calipers w/ CAMARO Decal, 245/50 Dunlop SP Sport 5000<br />20% Rear 35% Side Tint, Red Reflective Inlays, Invincishield<br /><b>Young girls avert their eyes, weak men tremble, Ford dealers faint.</b>

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                    Working...
                    X