have money need speed

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• have money need speed

allright... i have $1700 to put into my 96 camaro. What do you guys think i should get. I was thinking going all out with a tnt ls1 wet kit and getting all the extras. Anyone got any ideas? thanks

-justin not jhonathan
    R.I.P \'99 Firebird, you will be missed<p>New toy - 2001 GSXR-750, Yoshimura Exhaust, Power Commander, Rebuilt Airbox

get a cam and headers
    \'02 firebird 5spd manual (pewter)<br />mods: whisper lid, spintech muffer with 3\" piping, strut tower brace, \"free ram air\", k&n filter, SLP CAI - next mods: jetchip stage II, lowering springs

Comment

beef up your drivetrain, suspension, and chassis. get lsd if you don't have it already, an aluminum driveshaft will free up some hp and let you rev quicker, swaybars for cornering and traction off the line, stb for cornering and chassis stiffening, sfc's for less chassis twist, lca's for off the line traction, lightweight k-member for better front/rear weight bias and easy access to headers, and a 6-pt. roll cage for safety as well as more chassis stiffening. If you really wanna just get gop-fast parts, get a SSM powerpack. you'll get at least 75 flywheel hp out of it.
      2001 Arctic White Firebird<br />T-Tops, 3.42 rear gear stock<br />Mods:K&N Air Filter,Whisper Air Induction Lid, maf screen removed, raised air box, Kumho Ecsta 712 255-50-ZR16 tires, BMR stb<br />Mods not installed yet: FTRA, SLP Lsd/Differential cover<br />Near Future Mods: HPP3, GMMG 3\" Exhaust , 1LE Swaybars, Transgo Shift Kit, MSD-DIS-4 w/ Accel Coil-Packs, Turquoise Blue Neon Underbody Kit, BMR Adj. LCA\'s, G2 Sfc\'s & V-braces, Pacesetter headers

Comment

get an ls1?
        2001 SOM Camaro SS<p>Direct flo lid---Lakewood LCAs----Edelbrock Torque Arm-----Lous Short Stick---Dynomouth 3\" Exhaust---SLP Center Mount Exhaust---Poly tranny and torque arm mounts.<p>My site....http://community.webshots.com/album/49413018hRfdbP

Comment

With out a doubt get the SSPP. You should call them and tell them what you're after. I believe it's Tom that you should ask for.
          1 of a kind<p>Red 97 Camaro<p>Modifications: <br />SLP CAI, RK Sport Headers, Car Sound High Flow Cat, 3\" piping<br />3\" Steel driveshaft, SFC\'s, Panhard Rod, MAC Torque Arm<br />Manual Fan Switch<p>Best E/T:<p>60\' 2.152<br />330 6.271<br />1/8th 9.704<br />MPH 71.93

Comment

yea definetly go with what italian stallion said the power pak is the way to go!!
            Street Lethal Performance<br />2000 Black Firebird Y87<br />3.42\'s, Torsen Limited Slip, 160 powerstat,<br />Manual Fan Switch, Cutout exhaust, Whisper Ram Air CAI,<br />K&N filter, Zex spark plugs, MSD plug wires, MAF screen removed.<p>AIM: FIREBIRDRUMBLE00<br /><a href=\"http://www.streetlethalperformance.com/profiles/gazmentselman/gazmentselman.html\" target=\"_blank\">Street Lethal Performance Profile</a>

Comment

get nitrous and anything to help the flow as in full 2.5 to 3 " exhaust,headers, port and polished throttle body,p&p heads ,cam or high ratio rockers. [img]graemlins/burnout.gif[/img]

Comment

if this is your daily driver... don't spray man [img]graemlins/thumbsdown.gif[/img]

If I was in your situation, I'd have SFC's and LSD already. aluminum drive shaft is a good thing to have and build that motor of yours like a rock it's claimed to be! THEN spray.... if you want to go strictly engine you'll wish you had the suspension/drivetrain parts to back up the additional power but if thats you're choice,

go with the supersix power pack (SSPP). Nino and a couple other guys on the board have done it so you've got some first hand reviews you can track down.
                1994 Camaro 3.4L M5 R.I.P.<br />You know what they say- a small engine means big... errr... e/t\'s<br /><a href=\"http://www.pbase.com/rrj72/the_accident\" target=\"_blank\">www.pbase.com/rrj72/the_accident</a><p>replaced with: red 97 A4 vert (my brothers as soon as i find my REAL replacement)<p>soon to come: 1969 RS/SS<p>\"All you need are the esentials: scented candles, massage oil, and Berry White write that down.\" -Van Wilder

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                Working...
                X