PLUG WIRES

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• PLUG WIRES

I have a pair of Accel extreme 9000 Wires. I broke the head off one of them when doing a plug change. Would it be bad if I used a stock wire for that plug and the rest were still accel's? I will eventually order a new pair but I dont want to wait for plug wires to get here. Would this be bad?

certainly not ideal on the waste spark system, but it might suffice for the time being. you may or may not get a ck engine light, but i see no reason the coil should not continue to fire both plugs on each crank revolution.
    replace wire with proper replacement ASAP however.
    ASE Master, L1, X1, C1. Instructor in automotive systems. 99 3800 4L60E with a few mods and a greatful dead sticker on the back window.

Comment

just pull the head off another one and use it
      2001 SOM Camaro SS<p>Direct flo lid---Lakewood LCAs----Edelbrock Torque Arm-----Lous Short Stick---Dynomouth 3\" Exhaust---SLP Center Mount Exhaust---Poly tranny and torque arm mounts.<p>My site....http://community.webshots.com/album/49413018hRfdbP

Comment

<blockquote>quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by chevcamaro18:
        just pull the head off another one and use it<hr></blockquote>

how?

Comment

Don't worry about it. The wires are not really a performance mod. Use a stock one until you get another set of Accels. As long as you change plugs regularly you're fine.

[ May 11, 2002: Message edited by: Dom ]</p>

Comment

your talking about the little boot on the end right? they slide off if thats what your talking about
            2001 SOM Camaro SS<p>Direct flo lid---Lakewood LCAs----Edelbrock Torque Arm-----Lous Short Stick---Dynomouth 3\" Exhaust---SLP Center Mount Exhaust---Poly tranny and torque arm mounts.<p>My site....http://community.webshots.com/album/49413018hRfdbP

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
            Working...
            X