2002 Firebird Mods?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

DR?
    Ummad!<br />2k pewter maro M5. 160 thermo, WhisperLid w/K&N Filter, Jet PCM Stage 2, Free Ram Air, Air Silencer Delete (purchased already and) waiting to install manual fan switch, air/fuel ratio guage.

Comment

DR = drag radials

Comment

The rockers (high ratio aluminum roller rocker such as intense 3rd gen 1.9) add a subtle gain with stock exhaust and intake. You will notice a bigger gain with improved air intake...and more so with bigger exhaust. Even a stock replacement such as magnaflow v6 catback (2.5 inch piping from the mid-pipe back to two tailpipes...bolts right up...your stock exhaust is 2.25" from cat to muffler) you will still pass emisions with a rig like this.
        She has tubular manifolds on her car already. I would plan on doing headers last....she may not need them. the tubular headers are real nice compared to older pre 99 fbodies which have a restrictive 'log' type manifold. Many of the recommendations for headers you will see come from owners of pre '99 cars. Keep that in mind.
        A cam (the right one with new medium to hi load springs, pushrods and lifters will yield a much more noticable gain in power...but will require PCM tuning to maximize. Much harder to instal than just rockers.

Fast toys ram air induction, K & N filter, shaved lid mod/whisper lid, smooth air bellows (deleete air silencer), 1.9 rockers with LS6 springs, 180 degree thermo, magnaflow v6 catback, (much more involved to go to full 3" with 3" cat replacement...emissions sims...etc...read up on it here) = low to mid 15's if you already have a 3.42 rear differential and are a good drag racer...aka...can get good launch.
        You can get the above mods for appx. $1000 not includeing labor nor the rear differential 3.42 gear swap.
        If you go with a cam....much more involved...will most likely require PCM tuning or PCM tuning software...500 bucks or so.
        01 Firebird A4 3.42
        Powerdyne @ 6 PSI
        and other mods
        Visit Project Unleashed for guides and info.

Comment

speaking of rockers....these are 1.8 intake and 1.85 exhaust ratio aluminum roller rockers. great price IMHO.

http://www.camarov6.com/cgi-bin/ulti...c&f=8&t=006308
          01 Firebird A4 3.42
          Powerdyne @ 6 PSI
          and other mods

Comment

We know someone who can do PCM tunning with HP tunners for cheap. So thats not a problem.

Im used to being around forced induction 3800's were u can run 12's and 11's with less then a few thousand bucks. I guess the n/a 3800s dont respond to mods as well as supercharged/turbo apps.

Thanks to the guys that helped out, but i guess im stupid for asking in the first place :rolleyes:
            West Coast 6\'s - <a href=\"http://www.WestCoast6s.com\" target=\"_blank\">www.WestCoast6s.com</a>

Comment

Originally posted by grayman:
              speaking of rockers....these are 1.8 intake and 1.85 exhaust ratio aluminum roller rockers. great price IMHO.

http://www.camarov6.com/cgi-bin/ulti...c&f=8&t=006308
              I do believe that they are modified stock rockers--steel. The intense ER rockers are just that 'extended range'. Roller, but not roller tip.
              Your sig is the most important part of your message. Make sure that you list EVERY single thing that you have done to your car so that we can all go \'oooh!\' and \'Ah!\'. Please make your sig consistently longer than anything else you post. Please include your lengthy sig with EVERY single post you make during a reply, even if you only reply with a monosyllable grunt.

Comment

Well i have a 2002 v6 bird as well, I just did a cam insatll last weekend and it add some good power. But i havent got a chance to run it yet. will post results soon.
                BUt for mods, i have a pacesetter headers, high flow cat and the slp loudmouth, before i add the loudmouth and hi flow i was able to run a 14.6, with a flowmaster muffler.and the other mods listed below.
                Other mods at the time were a jet stage to chip, whisper lid, IAt, Slp ram air kit, Also running stock 3.42's .
                Getting low 14's isnt as hard has you think, you just have to find the right comboniation and stick with it.
                Too many mods to list! To see what I have done, check out my car domain website --&gt;<br /> <a href=\"http://www.cardomain.com/id/2k2firebird21\" target=\"_blank\">http://www.cardomain.com/id/2k2firebird21</a>

Comment

Good Job Smitty, nice car...looks just like one I know of....
                  I just love these sub 15 sec v6 times. awesome.

deanh8...yea, follow something like what Smitty has done...cam, exhaust...she will have a much faster car.
                  01 Firebird A4 3.42
                  Powerdyne @ 6 PSI
                  and other mods

Comment

Originally posted by Smitty:
                    Well i have a 2002 v6 bird as well, I just did a cam insatll last weekend and it add some good power. But i havent got a chance to run it yet. will post results soon.
                    BUt for mods, i have a pacesetter headers, high flow cat and the slp loudmouth, before i add the loudmouth and hi flow i was able to run a 14.6, with a flowmaster muffler.and the other mods listed below.
                    Other mods at the time were a jet stage to chip, whisper lid, IAt, Slp ram air kit, Also running stock 3.42's .
                    Getting low 14's isnt as hard has you think, you just have to find the right comboniation and stick with it.
                    The car is awesome, honey. It sounds great! I'm glad you finally got what you wanted! &lt;3
                    \'97 Camaro, 3800 Series II, Anniversary Edition * Bright Green Metallic --&gt; T-Tops * Flowmaster Exhaust * TPS Throttle enhancer * SLP Cold air intake .....<br /> <a href=\"http://www.cardomain.com/id/camaro1821\" target=\"_blank\">http://www.cardomain.com/id/camaro1821</a> <br />AIM - Cycochic69

Comment

You want mid-13s on street tires? Here is the plan:

Headers, 3" Exhaust, no cat, cutout
                      75 Wet shot of Nitrous
                      Agressive Nitrous/FI CAM
                      Port and Polished Upper and Lower Intake
                      3.42 LSD Rear End
                      Spec Stage 3 Clutch
                      Custom tune with HP Tuners
                      Street tires.

If you do some surching and look for deals, you can get all of that for about $3000. My guess is that will put you right around 13.6 in the 1/4 mile. However, that is just a guess. [img]smile.gif[/img]

Good Luck.
                      2001 Firebird 3.8L V6 M5,<br />It once had....<br />NX Nitrous Wet Kit, ZZP X-P Hot Cam, <br />3.42 LSD, Pacesetter Headers, <br />36# Injectors, HP Tuners<br />322 RWHP, 379 RWTQ<br />13.596 @ 102.56 w/100 shot

Comment

Originally posted by arthansen:
                        You want mid-13s on street tires? Here is the plan:

Headers, 3" Exhaust, no cat, cutout
                        75 Wet shot of Nitrous
                        Agressive Nitrous/FI CAM
                        Port and Polished Upper and Lower Intake
                        3.42 LSD Rear End
                        Spec Stage 3 Clutch
                        Custom tune with HP Tuners
                        Street tires.

If you do some surching and look for deals, you can get all of that for about $3000. My guess is that will put you right around 13.6 in the 1/4 mile. However, that is just a guess. [img]smile.gif[/img]

Good Luck.
                        3.42 LSD, LCAs, high flow cat w/ cat back exhaust, NOS kit 5175 100 dry shot, minor weight removal..that alone should get you into the 13s ..my 100 dry shot run is in sig
                        <b>12 SECOND DUAL STAGE DRY NITROUS POWERED 98 A4 V6 CAMARO<br /><a href=\"http://www.mysickcamaro.50megs.com\" target=\"_blank\">www.MySickCamaro.50megs.com</a><br />Best ET: 12.82@103<br />Best MPH: 104.7<br />Best 60\': 1.75 - Stock TC</b><br /> </font><blockquote><font size=\"1\" face=\"Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif\">quote:</font><hr /><font size=\"2\" face=\"Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif\">Originally posted by Shodown:<br /><strong>1DV6 runs 12\'s...enough said. </strong></font><hr /></blockquote><font size=\"2\" face=\"Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif\">

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                        Working...
                        X