Sell it? Keep it? How much?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sell it? Keep it? How much?

Ok, my car hates me, and is continually breaking and costing me a fortune. So far, I have done the TCC solenoid in the A4, an intake manifold gasket, a new fuel pump (on the thrid one now), and it needs an AC compressor soon (but AC still works for now). I have already done the normal stuff like plugs, wires, new pads and rotors, and shocks all the way around. I can do the AC compressor, and I hear I'll need coil packs and an alternator eventually too, but all that is still cheaper than a new car.

So the question is, do I keep or sell it? It has been one of the worst F-bodies I have heard about so far.

If I sell it, what can I get for it? It is a 99 Y87 A4 with T-tops, factory chromes, Monsoon, traction control, totally loaded. Only thing it doesn't have is leather.

Any thoughts, comments, or advice?

Thanks!!
    1999 Y87 Camaro<br />Whisper Lid, SLP SS Takeoff Exhaust

Well... like you said fixing it is cheaper than a new car, but if it's that unreliable and you're fixing it more than you're driving it, than I'd think about getting a new car. as far as how much... a good base line is the blue book price, and if it's too low for what you want, add some $$ to it, you can always go lower if you have to... good luck.
    Oh yeah... A/C compressor is cake to install, you should have no problems.
    \'97 Camaro 3.8L

Comment

For more info, the Kelly Blue Book Private Party Value for "Good" condition is $8345. "Excellent" is $8995. If I can get 8 grand for it that's great. Two different dealers told me they would only give me 4-5 grand right now for trade in because it's winter here and Camaros don't sell until spring, May-June time frame.

Comment

yea if u sell it dont do it till spring cuz then thats when these are in demand, but right now would be the best time to buy one cuz people want to get rid of them before winter so they sell for cheap.
        99\' W68 Firebird<br />SLP Ram air kit,Whisper Air Lid, k&n, 8mm Taylor Wires, Bridgestone Potenzas RE950, BMR Red LCAs, Pacesetter Headers and 3\"in catalytic converter with 2.75\" Flowmaster Cat-back<br /><br /> <a href=\"http://www.cardomain.com/memberpage/501008\" target=\"_blank\">http://www.cardomain.com/memberpage/501008</a>

Comment

I am looking for some advice here on whether or not to keep the car. In regards to the repairs, is there anything else I am missing that may need repair in the next few years or have I addressed everything? Any help here would greatly appreciated.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

• 2.8 Bird
            Good to see the site is back up
            by 2.8 Bird
            So there going to be anything new or update to the site since Bill is now the owner?

I know there's still alot of interest in the fbody V6....
            3 days ago
          • FirebirdGT
            New Site Hosting Issues
            by FirebirdGT
            All - sorry but there seems to be some glitches from moving to a new Host - hopefully they will be fixed soon.

If needed you can email me...
            2 weeks ago

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
          Working...
          X