What is an SSPP?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What is an SSPP?

Well there was the question! I have no clue what SSPP stands for, anyone wanna help me out here! Thanks.
    99 Firebird Vert, Pewter Metalic<br />Fast Toys Ram Air<br />Jet Stage 2 Chip<br />17x8 Mille Miglia Emotion II Plus\'<br />wrapped in 245/35/17 Yokohama A520<br />Rhino Perf. Exhaust<br />K&N air filter<br />check pics at:<br /><a href=\"http://www.fastrides.com/members/v6birdy/\" target=\"_blank\">http://www.fastrides.com/members/v6birdy/</a>

SSPP means Super Six Power Pack. It includes port and polished heads, intake manifold, and a custom cam. The website is www.supersixmotorsports.com

Any other questions? [img]smile.gif[/img]
    1 of a kind<p>Red 97 Camaro<p>Modifications: <br />SLP CAI, RK Sport Headers, Car Sound High Flow Cat, 3\" piping<br />3\" Steel driveshaft, SFC\'s, Panhard Rod, MAC Torque Arm<br />Manual Fan Switch<p>Best E/T:<p>60\' 2.152<br />330 6.271<br />1/8th 9.704<br />MPH 71.93

Comment

Would this be a good idea to get for me here in canada, I would have to get a mechanic to install all of this, and what kinda hp gains am i looking at for real??
      99 Firebird Vert, Pewter Metalic<br />Fast Toys Ram Air<br />Jet Stage 2 Chip<br />17x8 Mille Miglia Emotion II Plus\'<br />wrapped in 245/35/17 Yokohama A520<br />Rhino Perf. Exhaust<br />K&N air filter<br />check pics at:<br /><a href=\"http://www.fastrides.com/members/v6birdy/\" target=\"_blank\">http://www.fastrides.com/members/v6birdy/</a>

Comment

I'm not sure if it would be a good idea for you to get. About the only thing you'll have to worry about is computer programming. Not that your car will be hurting from not having programming but it will probably have a light on the dash and also, the programming will optimize the package.
        Is it a good idea? Well, if you want around 75 fly wheel horse power and a mean a$$ sounding 6 cylinder Camaro then yeah it's a good idea. You'll need a Walbro fuel pump.

Your best bet is to contact Tom at SSM and ask him about the setup. Tell him your expectations and your worries. Then he'll be able to tell you a setup and you'll be able to figure out if that's what you want.

Any other questions? [img]smile.gif[/img]
        1 of a kind<p>Red 97 Camaro<p>Modifications: <br />SLP CAI, RK Sport Headers, Car Sound High Flow Cat, 3\" piping<br />3\" Steel driveshaft, SFC\'s, Panhard Rod, MAC Torque Arm<br />Manual Fan Switch<p>Best E/T:<p>60\' 2.152<br />330 6.271<br />1/8th 9.704<br />MPH 71.93

Comment

why would he need a walbro fuel pump?
          and yes your car will hurt by not getting the computer reprogramed or not using the maft+

i would think he would need some headers and or a y pipe to go with the SSPP. i am not 100% sure, but i think this was the cause of all my problems. which i am going to post about right now.

[ May 13, 2002: Message edited by: nino ]</p>
          6s.......under the hood or under the belt, they just dont cut it.

Comment

<blockquote>quote:</font><hr> Originally posted by Nino:
            why would he need a walbro fuel pump?
            <hr></blockquote>

Well, when HP is increased a significant amount, such as 75 FWHP, the fuel flow can experience inseficiency. There was a Thread about it in the Advanced section, it's under my name. The Walbro is what all or most of the guys are running. I don't have a part number though. Basically, when you increase all that air flow you need to increase the fuel flow as well. I'm not an expert but that's how I understand it.

Comment

italiionstallion1, i believe you are 100% correct. i am getting a misfire at 5000 rpms with my power pack. some people have told me that it is because i need a stronger fuel pump. i guess i should have known about this before i got the power pack- just shows my ignorance.
              and what i have learned about not tuning your car with the SSPP is that you will foul your plugs every 2 months if you dont.
              6s.......under the hood or under the belt, they just dont cut it.

Comment

Hey Nino, I saw your thread in advanced tech and I was gonna say something but I figured I'd let the experts help you out.

That's interesting that the plugs will go every two months without tuning. I was hoping everything would be okay. I already have a light from my headers so... That's an additional 400 dollar step that one must take to purchase the SSPP. Things keep getting more expensive. What like 1500 for the SSPP and then the computer tuning plus the fuel pump. Damn, don't forget if you have some one install it. Fortunetly I can do it myself but it's still a lot of money. I haite to think this way but d@mn, that's pratically an LT1 swap.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                Working...
                X