Slightly rough idle..

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Slightly rough idle..

Recently I've noticed that my idle is a little rough. I put some fuel injector cleaner in a couple of weeks ago and my air filter is pretty clean, but the roughness is still there. I've got an exhaust system from a z28 w/a cutout plate, but the plate is currently on.. No SES lights or anything.. Any suggestions??
    --chris--

Mine idled rough for about a two months, then one day I got in and started it, and it ran like crap, and threw a code, it was a bad plug, but it didnt throw a code until it got so bad it was causing a cylinder misfire.
    1997 30th Anniversary A4 w/ some mods

Comment

Might want to replace fuel filter. Check plugs most def also. [img]smile.gif[/img]
      RedLineVSix <br />95 Patriot Red Trans Am, M6, 3.42\'s,no rear tires<br />(SOLD!)97 Silver Camaro 3.8 Liter A4 3.42 + LSD, 1pc DS, and one messed up speedo :)

Comment

I never really noticed that my car ran rough at all, but after I did a tune up today, new plugs and wires, fuel filter. My car runs a lot smoother at idle now.
        Cardomain

Comment

Yup--the car idles around 700-800 or so.. Probably just a symptom of a low idling car. I'm not throwing codes or anything...
          --chris--

Comment

mine idles around 900 and is a tick rough.. proably much like yours.. I haven't really worried about it because everything else seems fine..

I "think" it may have started when I had a coil go bad though I'm not entirely sure.. anyway if it makes you feel any better yours isn't the only one.. [img]smile.gif[/img]
            -Brad
            98 Firebird - gone from mod mode to keep it running and useable mode.
            2000 V-Star Custom 1100
            If all else fails use a bigger hammer!
            :rock:

Comment

had the same thing goin on last year and took it to the dealer. they cleaned the terminals on the coil and plug wires, replaced one plug wire that was shorting out against the exhaust manifold, went back to running fine

Comment

Mine idles at 600. I guess with 317k miles on it, it has a right to run a little ruff. Actually, it idles very smoothly usually, but it needs a power steering pump right now.

DK

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                Working...
                X