wtf my car is dying or some thin

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• wtf my car is dying or some thin

when my car gets past half on its temp guagei dunno what temp half is but when it does the car acts funny. ill step on the gas and the car will feel ilke it is very slow and it vibrates noticeably. like it hesitates or somethein what could it be i ran fuel injector cleaner through it.i dunno.
    I pledge aliegence to the flag that sits on the front facia of my camaro and to the Mickey Thompsons that make it stand two tires under torque indivisable

Bad fuel pump, solenoid, filter, dunno about the injectors. Could be either one of those.

[ May 13, 2002: Message edited by: ItalianStallion1 ]</p>
    1 of a kind<p>Red 97 Camaro<p>Modifications: <br />SLP CAI, RK Sport Headers, Car Sound High Flow Cat, 3\" piping<br />3\" Steel driveshaft, SFC\'s, Panhard Rod, MAC Torque Arm<br />Manual Fan Switch<p>Best E/T:<p>60\' 2.152<br />330 6.271<br />1/8th 9.704<br />MPH 71.93

Comment

Are you getting any SES lights? I'd check plugs & plug wires first, fuel filter, & go from there.
      2001 Onyx Black Camaro M5-Totalled<br />2005 Ford F150 XLT 5.4L<br /><br />\"To make peace, prepare for war.\"

Comment

its weird no ses light and the dealer just did all of my plugs and wires. how hard is it to install a new pump and filter.? is it gonna cost me an arm and half a leg?
        I pledge aliegence to the flag that sits on the front facia of my camaro and to the Mickey Thompsons that make it stand two tires under torque indivisable

Comment

y is the engine temp affecing it? is that weird?

Comment

many drivability problems are related to operating temperature. the pcm will control certain drivability and emissions actuators based on engine temperature. egr, evap canister purge are just a couple that could be affected. also, heat can cause electronic parts to fail. for example, when the engine gets hot, the hall-effect pickup for the crank sensor may develop a fault in its solid-state circuitry. heat may also cause an ignition module to act erradically.
            get a scan tool on it (with someone that knows what they are looking at). watch to see what changes as you reach that temperature. check to see if it is going into closed loop operation.

first things i'd check after looking at scan tool data stream would be fuel pressure and max firing voltage from each of the coils (use spark tester to make sure each coil is putting out at least about 40kv).

[ May 13, 2002: Message edited by: strange_trp ]</p>
            ASE Master, L1, X1, C1. Instructor in automotive systems. 99 3800 4L60E with a few mods and a greatful dead sticker on the back window.

Comment

I had something of that similar nature that I just recently got fixed... only I waited to long to et it fixed and the car would have trouble starting up... and when it did all this nasy black crap came out of my exhaust... so finally I took it to a mechanic he diagnosed it and it ended up being my emission control that was causing all the trouble. I got it all fixed but it cost me about $750... pretty exspensive but I don't get embarresed anyore with the fear of it not starting in front of some hot chics walking by. [img]graemlins/rofl.gif[/img]
              \'94 Black Firebird<br />3.4 Auto :(<br />Big Block hood<br />17\" x 9 1/2\" Torq Thrust II rims<br />P245/55 Z-Rated Nitto tires<br />Custom interior paint.<br />Custom Air intake with heat shield<br />Magnaflow cat-back Exhaust System<br />Eibach Sportline lowering springs<br /><a href=\"http://www.realproexhaust.com/other/cootees.htm\" target=\"_blank\">www.realproexhaust.com/other/cootees.htm</a>

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

• ssms5411
                Had to be evacuated again due to fire
                by ssms5411
                Had to be evacuated Monday again after a fire was going on the hill behind us. Only 3-4 hours, they did a good job getting it under control. Especially...
                1 week ago
              • RPDRed6
                For Sale: 2001 Chevrolet Camaro project.
                by RPDRed6
                Up for sale is my 2001 Chevrolet Camaro 3.8 in need of some TLC and help. I’ve owned this vehicle the past 18 years (since 2006) and it’s been very...
                3 weeks ago
              • ssms5411
                No start problem
                by ssms5411
                So went out to start the Camaro and no start, batteries are good just hear a thud sound, started up fine last Friday. Check the fuses and the battery...
                4 weeks ago

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
              Working...
              X