Rear Differential leak?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rear Differential leak?

Got an oil change and noticed something was leaking. Took it to dealer and they said i had a rear differential leak plus an oil pan leak. Would these hurt my performance at all? Trying to figure out why my car isnt as fast as it used to be..
    2003 Fire Red Dakota R/T 5.9<p>V-Force Exhaust<br />Custom Cold Air Intake

No, they are just a sign of older gaskets. The Oil pan requires more work. You can do the rear diff. in about an hour. Hour and a half if you paint it like I did. Pictures on my webpage. See sig.
    <b>15.41</b> @ 89.80 & 15.45 @ <b>91.64</b>, 2.21 60ft, 3,440 raceweight, using <b>OEM</b> Equipment. <br />\'98 L67/M49 w/ 134,000 miles before spun bearing. \"<i>It\'s all stock, Baby</i>!\"

Comment

Yep, you can do the rear diff really quick. As was said, I would paint it, if its rusty at all. Mine was pretty bad, so I hit it with the sand blaster, and threw a few coats of black paint on there.

Next couple of months, I'm wire brushing any small bits of rust under my car, then hitting it with some primer, and undercoat.
      1997 Cayenne Red Metallic Camaro<br />3.8 V6 M5<br />SLP Cold Air Intake<br />Ceramic Coated Pacesetter Headers <br />Flowmaster American Thunder Catback<br />Full 3.42 & Disc Break Rear End Swap

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
      Working...
      X