my car is overheating

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• my car is overheating

ok before my car started overheating and I found out that my thermostat was stuck so I replaced it.while I was replacing the thermo I broke the coolant temp sensor.I went to the autozone I bought a new one and replaced it.but right now when the temp starts climbing up the fan doesnt want to turn on,it goes all the way to 260 before the fan starts to work and sometimes it takes like 30 sec before the fan would start after it has been sitting in the 260 zone.yesterday after I started my car I turned on the Heater on and the fan was working,if the heat is on the car doesnt overheat,but if I turn the heat off the car would start to overheat.

do u think the coolant temp sensor is bad?

I hade the same problem.
    It was the relay who wasn`t working.
    I cleened it and sprayed it with electrical
    spray and put it back.

Comment

ok I'll try that and see how it goes [img]smile.gif[/img]

Comment

*cough* fan switch *cough*
        RedLineVSix <br />95 Patriot Red Trans Am, M6, 3.42\'s,no rear tires<br />(SOLD!)97 Silver Camaro 3.8 Liter A4 3.42 + LSD, 1pc DS, and one messed up speedo :)

Comment

I am having the same cooling issue, everything will be running at decent regulations, but then the temp rises, the fan comes on and the heater stops. I also rteplaced the tstat about three weeks ago (180). Fan or relay??? ;)
          -235/4517 Chrome Mondera Solaris<br />-Hornet remote start-keyless entry<br />-Pioneer 8400/CD/MP3<br />-2 Audiobahn 10\'s in custom box<br />-Flowmaster exhaust-SLP CAI-*180<br /><br />Never underestimate the predictability of stupidity....Tony from \"Snatch\"

Comment

replaced the fan relay,but still the same :( even when I turn the ac or heater on the fans wont come on,but sometimes the fans work

Comment

That sensor you broke is not the coolant sensor for the engine.
              It is the sensor for the temp instrument in
              your dash.I don`nt no were the location for
              the coolant sensor is,maybe on the radiator??
              Try to replace the sensor.

Comment

I think that is the coolant temp sensor,I looked it in the Haynes Manual [img]smile.gif[/img]

Comment

I disconnected the coolant sensor(Hayes manual), and the fan still comes on and off as normal.Would`nt the fan stop if the sensor is disconnected??

Comment

if you unplug the coolant temp sensor the fan will be on all the time.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                    Working...
                    X