SES light. :(

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SES light. :(

This is actually two questions. Heres a short history: My speedo stopped working and ever since then after I drive my car for like 30 minutes... the SES light will come on. So...

1. What is wrong with my speedo. I looked underneath the car and followed the wire all the way to the firewall. No tears or anything. So then I cleaned the connection to the tranny.

2. Is the SES light because of my speedo. I was thinking, since I have the 3.4L., and it is a speed density car, it takes information from the TPS sensor, the O2 sensors, the RPM's, and the speedo... right? So I was thinking maybe if the speedo stoppped working, then it would throw this light.

BTW, I have a 1995 camaro. 3.4 M5. I just want this light to go away, and I want to use my cruise control again, cause obviuosly it doesnt work. And just for information, I replaced both of the O2 sensors yesterday, so you can consider those new. :D Thanks in advance... ;)
    Jordan<br />15.09@90.7<br /><a href=\"http://www.fullthrottlev6.com/forums/vbgarage.php?do=view&id=21\" target=\"_blank\"><b>1995 Camaro 3.4 M5</b></a>

pull the bulb and the ses light will go away [img]smile.gif[/img] i would try to get it on some kinda tech machine so u can see what the code is. the code will prolly tell u how to fix the speedo. that would be my first step. and a quick questoin how did the ud pulleys affect ur car and how much did they cost? thx
    1995 black firebird,t-tops,3.4L M5 Comp cam,gutted cat,Cold Air,80 series flowmaster,limited slip rear end with 3.42 gear, Hurst Billet Plus, 17\" American Racin Torq Thrust II

Comment

the all mighty auto zone. they will check it for free
      2000 3.8 A4 Pewter Camaro

Comment

I agree with BLLDOGG , they checked mine last week and showed me the sensor I needed to replace (40.00) .Saved me 150 bucks that it wold have cost at a dealer
        97SILVERBID<br />Born to cruise

Comment

Been there, done that. They said, and I quote, "Your car's a 95? No sirree bobby joe. They didnt start OBD2 until 96, so I cant scan a code." He said, that I should unhook the battery and let it clear the computer, but I know that wont work, because the code is not in the computer. Whenever I start it up, it doesnt throw a code, but then after about 15 minutes, it will. I am going to have the speedo checked out pretty soon, and I'll see if that clears up anything...

And a quick question. How did the ud pulleys affect your car, and how much did they cost? thx
          I asked before I installed them, to see if anyone had had any problems with the alternator or water pump turning slower, but noone did. I put it on, and I didnt notice to much of a difference, but its on there. And it costed me about $20, because I got it locally. [img]smile.gif[/img] Now, question for you, how much of a difference did you notice in your comp cam. ;) Thanks for the responses guys. :D
          Jordan<br />15.09@90.7<br /><a href=\"http://www.fullthrottlev6.com/forums/vbgarage.php?do=view&id=21\" target=\"_blank\"><b>1995 Camaro 3.4 M5</b></a>

Comment

sorry, double post. :(

Comment

first a little background. i got my car as a recovered theft. among other things it had a cracked headbolt, so we had to drop the engine. while it was down we diceded to get a cam and luckily i did cause i had a lobe going flat. i need my car on the road ASAP, so i went with a computer compatiable grind, so i wouldnt have to fight anything else. anyway, it is kind of hard to tell the difference, because i did the exhaust at the same time. the cam is great though. it gave it a beautiful sound and from what i can tell it pepped it up quite a bit too. i would defenantly recommend one. i have the specs somewhere, AIM=snype4 or email me at jlynch@mwgl.org if u want them.
              1995 black firebird,t-tops,3.4L M5 Comp cam,gutted cat,Cold Air,80 series flowmaster,limited slip rear end with 3.42 gear, Hurst Billet Plus, 17\" American Racin Torq Thrust II

Comment

Originally posted by Fear_Factor:
                quick questoin how did the ud pulleys affect ur car and how much did they cost? thx
                I ran the 20% under driven pulley on my 94 Camaro and i noticed my voltage lower than usual but this was only when i had the system up which is almost always. So i couldnt keep it, this mod would be good for anyone who doesnt heavily relly on their electrical system.

But since i run a pretty big sytem, it had to go. And i did notice a noticable diffrence in acceleration.

Comment

aculay in 95 they did have OBD II, but its on the 3.8 95 cars ;)
                  www.turbov6camaro.com
                  1997 3800 Series II Camaro
                  4600 Stall for my ride to the mall :chug:
                  7.18 @ 99.77 1/8 -1.8x sixty (current quickest v6 fbod)
                  11.23 @ unk 5 1/4 - 7.19 1/8 - 1.83 sixty

Comment

If you live in houston, and have an OBD1, drop me an email. I have a scanner!
                    Joel<br />God is my copilot, but Satan has his foot on the gas!<br />94 3.4L AutoCamaroRagtop w/MSD ignition,Accelcoilpacks,K&N FIPK,BMR SFC&STB,3\"Catco w/3\"catbackSS muffler,JetStage 2,HomemadePIAAheadlightconversion <a href=\"http://www.geocities.com/cardiac1968\" target=\"_blank\">http://www.geocities.com/cardiac1968</a>

Comment

I do live in houston. We could get together sometime. I will post in here, or email you, when I can get together. Thanks everyone.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                      Working...
                      X