leaking oil, possibly oil pan gasket or rear main. got ????? - FirebirdV6.com/CamaroV6.com Message Board

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

leaking oil, possibly oil pan gasket or rear main. got ?????

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

thanks man. i want to replace the oil pan gasket too but i dont have the money. so, i ganna go w/ the most common one. and im ganna do this w/ my girls dad who is a mechanic in his shop so he wont let me drop it. plus, this car takes his daughter to work everyday. he has an investment
    2000 3.8 A4 Pewter Camaro

Comment

I wouldnt put this off till Sunday, thinking your going to be driving it Monday..... thats a lot of work to get done with that list. Good luck though.

[edit] if you have a shop and a good mechanic, its possible then... I was just hoping you werent planning on doing all this in a couple of hours in your driveway or something. still going to be a long afternoon. hope you get along good w/ your girls dad. [img]smile.gif[/img]
      \'01 Mineral Grey SVT Cobra<br />-former F-body owner

Comment

Originally posted by BLLDOGG:
        thanks man. i want to replace the oil pan gasket too but i dont have the money. so, i ganna go w/ the most common one. and im ganna do this w/ my girls dad who is a mechanic in his shop so he wont let me drop it. plus, this car takes his daughter to work everyday. he has an investment
        haha black mailing her dad [img]graemlins/rofl.gif[/img]

any who you want it to be your rear main cause if it's the oilpan then you have to pull the motor, i think..........

my motor had 84K on it and when my dad pulled it the oil pan was fine but he said the rear main was REALLY bad
        www.turbov6camaro.com
        1997 3800 Series II Camaro
        4600 Stall for my ride to the mall :chug:
        7.18 @ 99.77 1/8 -1.8x sixty (current quickest v6 fbod)
        11.23 @ unk 5 1/4 - 7.19 1/8 - 1.83 sixty

Comment

well unfortunalty if not possible to start it until sunday cause my girls dad has racing (dirt circle track) tonight and saturday which i'll be doing too. im hoping our skills at doing things in a hurry w/ percision will help. but im not relying on the car monday. to be sure

Comment

yeah, the exhaust was plained for this sunday but the leak popped out of no where. as for black mail, never thought of it that way. lol
            we will take care of the leak first and if the exhaust cant get done then it will have to wait.

Comment

Originally posted by ellik:
              I wouldnt put this off till Sunday, thinking your going to be driving it Monday..... thats a lot of work to get done with that list. Good luck though.

[edit] if you have a shop and a good mechanic, its possible then... I was just hoping you werent planning on doing all this in a couple of hours in your driveway or something. still going to be a long afternoon. hope you get along good w/ your girls dad. [img]smile.gif[/img]
              o' ya, we will be doing this in his shop and he is the head mechanic at his shop along w/ be the head mechanic of his shops racing team and we get along very well together. we are planing on starting at 8am and we believe we will be done

Comment

just found out that races arent in town this weekend. they are in kansas. might have to put this of longer and just drive the neon. its not a bad leak but still a leak. thankfully though i havent seen any oil on the driveway, but i wont beable to tell until i put it in the garage

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                Working...
                X