Whining on accleration

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Whining on accleration

Ok, whenever i acclerate at all i get a large whining noise towards the front of the engine, its very loud, louder than my exhaust, and it makes my car sound like ****. any opinions on what this is.
    Dont call me chief.<br /><br />2001 Camaro Convertible Rs Replica<br />1991 Acura Legend

I don't know what it is, but mine does the same thing and it's also a '97. It might be coming from the alternator.
    <a href=\"http://www.cardomain.com/id/sean37\" target=\"_blank\">Black \'97 Camaro</a> w/ CAI, catback

Comment

How does your power steering feel? Does the noise get louder when you turn the wheel? Power steering pumps can make quite a racket, either whining or rattling.

DK

Comment

I have a 97 firebird and i get a realy loud wine as well.
        Mine is the power sterring pump.I dont feel anything in the wheel when turning but the whine is driving me nuts.
        Just tell people it's a super charger. ;)
        I'm going to get a new pump anyway.
        BILL<br />1997 Black Firebird,3.8 V6.

Comment

<blockquote>quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by Darknight:
          How does your power steering feel? Does the noise get louder when you turn the wheel? Power steering pumps can make quite a racket, either whining or rattling.

DK
          <hr></blockquote>

nah, it doesnt get louder with the wheel, it does change tone though, i was thinking it was the power steering pump, just hoping it wasnt,
          Dont call me chief.<br /><br />2001 Camaro Convertible Rs Replica<br />1991 Acura Legend

Comment

Alternators can whine like that too when they are going out. When you accelerate, the alternator spins faster, so that might be where it is coming from. I would check it out and see if its putting out the right voltage still.
            <b><a href=\"http://members.cox.net/95batmobile/d86f.jpg\" target=\"_blank\">Sinister Six©</b></a><br /><a href=\"http://www.sounddomain.com/id/95batmobile\" target=\"_blank\">My \'95 Bird</a><br />I am not afraid of storms, for I am learning how to sail my ship.

Comment

<blockquote>quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by 95Batmobile:
              Alternators can whine like that too when they are going out. When you accelerate, the alternator spins faster, so that might be where it is coming from. I would check it out and see if its putting out the right voltage still.<hr></blockquote>

i just put a new alternator in last month

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
              Working...
              X