Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Engine

Hey everyone
    A little while ago I had a post about how GM and the dealer messed up my engine on a '99 Camaro and how they wouldn't fix it. Well today I found out that my extended warranty company will pay for the whole thing. It gets better. The mechanic instead of fixing my engine found 2000 engine with 1000 miles on it. Brand new mint condition. That's what he's putting in right now and I'll have the car back by Friday after no car for several months now. It still gets better! I found a new job and I start working Monday with an awesome salary and an amazing company [img]smile.gif[/img] It's been a good week so far and it's only tuesday! [img]smile.gif[/img]

Sounds good. I had my extended warrenty company buy me a new 5 speed tranny. I think I screwed mine up from driving it stupid for too long when I first got the car. But reverse was gone and all the others started to go. But they covered the whole thing. Good luck hope it works out.

Comment

How much of a price different between a new 3.8 and an LS1???
      <a href=\"http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2093533\" target=\"_blank\">CarDomain Page</a>

Comment

<blockquote>quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by 97camRS:
        How much of a price different between a new 3.8 and an LS1???<hr></blockquote>

I have no idea. It'd cost me a fortune to put in a v8 though. It'd be cheaper trading the car in. I like my car though and I'm not giving it up [img]smile.gif[/img]

Comment

new condition 3.8 from salvage yard: ~$800

new condition 5.7L LT1 from salvage yard: ~$1800

new condition 5.7L LS1 from salvage yard: ~$4000

no flames please, I've done my homework, called some junk yards, these are only estimates.

[img]graemlins/burnout.gif[/img]
          ~Derrick <a href=\"http://www.appstate.edu/~do54457/\" target=\"_blank\"><i>My Webpage</i></a><br /><b>\'96 3.8L V6 M5 Firebird Y87</b> | <b>162.8 RWHP</b> / <b>196.7 RWTQ</b> <br /><b>•</b> SLP CAI <b>•</b> <a href=\"http://tech.firebirdv6.com/y87.html\" target=\"_blank\"><b>Y87</b> Package</a> - 3.23s <b>•</b> 180º thermo w/ fan switch <b>•</b> TB spacer from DEE<br />1991 Jeep Cherokee Laredo 4x4

Comment

I'm sure the 3.8 from the salvage yard didn't have 1000 miles on it [img]smile.gif[/img] The v8s would need soo much work to make them work in a v6 car. It's not worth the time. Plus I don't think the warranty company would like that much [img]smile.gif[/img]

<blockquote>quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by Dojo2000:
            new condition 3.8 from salvage yard: ~$800

new condition 5.7L LT1 from salvage yard: ~$1800

new condition 5.7L LS1 from salvage yard: ~$4000

no flames please, I've done my homework, called some junk yards, these are only estimates.

<hr></blockquote>

Comment

I suggest you do a search on a V8 swap, it is not complicated at all. Just remember a Camaro/Firebird and Z28/Trans Am are the same exact car. The only two major components needed for the V8 swap are a complete engine and either a automatic tranny or 6 speed manual tranny, but there are some minor things that should be upgraded.

~Derrick <a href=\"http://www.appstate.edu/~do54457/\" target=\"_blank\"><i>My Webpage</i></a><br /><b>\'96 3.8L V6 M5 Firebird Y87</b> | <b>162.8 RWHP</b> / <b>196.7 RWTQ</b> <br /><b>•</b> SLP CAI <b>•</b> <a href=\"http://tech.firebirdv6.com/y87.html\" target=\"_blank\"><b>Y87</b> Package</a> - 3.23s <b>•</b> 180º thermo w/ fan switch <b>•</b> TB spacer from DEE<br />1991 Jeep Cherokee Laredo 4x4

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

• ssms5411
                Had to be evacuated again due to fire
                by ssms5411
                Had to be evacuated Monday again after a fire was going on the hill behind us. Only 3-4 hours, they did a good job getting it under control. Especially...
                1 week ago
              • RPDRed6
                For Sale: 2001 Chevrolet Camaro project.
                by RPDRed6
                Up for sale is my 2001 Chevrolet Camaro 3.8 in need of some TLC and help. I’ve owned this vehicle the past 18 years (since 2006) and it’s been very...
                3 weeks ago
              • ssms5411
                No start problem
                by ssms5411
                So went out to start the Camaro and no start, batteries are good just hear a thud sound, started up fine last Friday. Check the fuses and the battery...
                4 weeks ago

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
              Working...
              X