Is my car a special order?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is my car a special order?

How can I find out if my car was a special order? I'm the 2 owner and my car is not only optioned strangly but it is also a rare color, Hugger Orange. My car has every option but ACR, RS GFX, Monsoon(my actually had the tape player w/4 speakers), Y87, and chrome wheels. I've never seen another car no matter the color option like mine. Any way I would be able to find out and can I obtain a window sticker for my car since I don't have it?
    1999 Camaro Hugger Orange 3800 A4 <p>Mods-SLP SS exhaust, K&N, SLP STB, SLP SFCS, 1LE Sway Bars(32/19), 99 C5 Wheels on 255/45ZR17\'s-17\'s on all corners...Non-Y87

What are your RPO code numbers? Look for a decal on the drivers door, or in the dash glove box.
    Robert - owner www.FirebirdV6.com/CamaroV6.com

"Mid-life crisis? I'm way beyond that!"

1996 Black Firebird GTxxxRam Air V6 w/ M5xxxwww.FirebirdGT.com

Raven

Comment

Is there a code for special order?
      1999 Camaro Hugger Orange 3800 A4 <p>Mods-SLP SS exhaust, K&N, SLP STB, SLP SFCS, 1LE Sway Bars(32/19), 99 C5 Wheels on 255/45ZR17\'s-17\'s on all corners...Non-Y87

Comment

Well all cars are technically special order, as in different RPO, or option packages, are put together to create the option set on the car. Whether the first owner or the dealer put together the option packages, you can't really tell.

You can tell what options it has on it through the RPO codes though, and we have a database of what each code means in the tech database.

GU6 = 3.42 gears for example, G80 = Positraction.
        2002 5-spd NBM Camaro
        Details: www.1lev6.com

Comment

I understand the breakdown of RPO codes. I've just don't understand why anyone would order my car dealer or individual with leather and 1sc and not order the monsoon stereo and other according options. The reason I ask is a buddy of mine order his SS with leather, auburn diff and t-tops and nothing else(he's got crank window and other standard Z28 options). I just though since mine was optioned strangly that it could be a special order. Useless I guess to ask you all but I was just wondering. Also is it possible to obtain a window sticker or build sheet from GM?

Comment

I thought the T-Tops option came with power windows?
            <a href=\"http://pics.projectpredator.com/thumbnails.php?album=16\" target=\"_blank\">2003 Zinc Yellow Mustang GT</a> 1 of 701<br />ET : TBD<br />But our shenanigans are cheeky and fun! Yeah, and his shenanigans are cruel and tragic. Which... makes t

Comment

<blockquote>quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by camaro_speedemon:
              I thought the T-Tops option came with power windows? <hr></blockquote>

don't think so
              i have power windows and no t-tops

Comment

<blockquote>quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by camaro_speedemon:
                I thought the T-Tops option came with power windows? <hr></blockquote>

They were separate options. It could have been different in earlier years though. When we bought our Trailblazer we would have had to get OnStar to get a sunroof.
                <a href=\"http://webpages.charter.net/camarov6/Car%20Pics/New/IMG_0085.jpg\" target=\"_blank\">Black 2002 Camaro M5</a>-SS takeoff muffler, B&M Ripper, K&N Filter, 35/20% tint, Infinity speakers, Viper alarm, perpetually breaking clutch return spring mod. 15.49@90.15<br /><a href=\"http://webpages.charter.net/camarov6/Car%20Pics/P14.JPG\" target=\"_blank\">Pewter 2002 Firebird M5 (Dad\'s Car)</a>

Comment

The monsoon always has been a completely separate option. 1SC doesn't include everything, so I guess it was just the dealer ordering it that way to save a little $.
                  2002 5-spd NBM Camaro
                  Details: www.1lev6.com

Comment

<blockquote>quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by gregmondro:

don't think so
                    i have power windows and no t-tops
                    <hr></blockquote>

He didn't say the power window option came with t-tops.

I have t-tops and no power windows(I do now)..there are very few 98+ camaros without power windows as they became standard about halfway through the 98 year.
                    <a href=\"http://www.onid.orst.edu/~waltejam/\" target=\"_blank\">98 Bright Red Camaro</a><br />Too many mods to list....check my website

Comment

How about asking the original owner? An option would be to go to the local Chev dealer & asking them, one of the free things you could get from a dealer.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                      Working...
                      X