Heater Core Went......

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Heater Core Went......

Yesterday my heatercore went at 113k. Me and my dad believe the radiator flush we used did it in. I was riding around started to smell antifreeze through the air vents. I took my car home dad said is it leaking under dash i said no. Dad raised up the floor mat and had about 5 oz. of antifreeze in the floor board. We plugged it up today so i could drive it but i wont have heat or defroster. Just wondering how hard is it to put a new heater core. Also any products out there that will take out antifreeze stains? I tried resolve but it didnt work.
    1994 Arctic White Camaro T-Tops(all options except leather)<br />80 Series Flowmaster Muffler<br />Ebay Cold Air Intake<br />Earthquake in the back known as a Kicker Solo Baric 15 L7<br /><br /> <a href=\"http://www.cardomain.com/id/sirshaun\" target=\"_blank\">http://www.cardomain.com/id/sirshaun</a>

hey its really easy to change out. the only hard part about it is reconnecting the lines when its back in. id suggest flushing your system just incase there is some rust in your coolant. after you flush and drain it out, look in your fuse box on the side of the dash and pulll out your airbag fuse. WARNING, WARNING, WARNING, GIVE YOUR CAR TIME TO COOL DOWN CUZZ THE CORE WILL BE VERY HOTT. next open your glove box and push together the sides to fully drop it down. take off the two or three bolts that hold on the glove box. next step is disconnect the yellow electrical connecter that says airbag there is probably 3-5 wires on that harness. after that there are about 4 bolts that hold on the bottom cover of the dash. after you takes those out you will see a plastic bubble shaped cover close to the center console. there are two bolts on the top of the cover and two bolts on the bottom, take those 4 out and you will see the heater core. there is a metal strap going across the core remove those bolts. now go into the engine bay and look in the back side of the passenger side of the bay and you will see two metal lines going into the firewall. there is one or two bolts holding those lines with a clamp. be careful when taking these lines off cuzz they maybe be pressurized if hot. once these lines are removed you can remove the core it takes some wiggling to get it out from the dash but once out, install is just the opposite.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

• 2.8 Bird
      Good to see the site is back up
      by 2.8 Bird
      So there going to be anything new or update to the site since Bill is now the owner?

I know there's still alot of interest in the fbody V6....
      3 days ago
    • FirebirdGT
      New Site Hosting Issues
      by FirebirdGT
      All - sorry but there seems to be some glitches from moving to a new Host - hopefully they will be fixed soon.

If needed you can email me...
      2 weeks ago

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
    Working...
    X