themostat dont know where

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• themostat dont know where

i know its stupid but on my 3.8 i was going to get a new themostat and there were 2 a 160 degree and a 180, which one is better? dont know what catagory this goes uner.

well as far as which one is better i'd g with the 160* because the cooler the temperature the car is the more hp you get out of it, but the only bad thing i've heard about getting a 160* thermostat if you live in a cold area, where the winters are extremely cold (like chicago) your car will be running extremely rich
    1995 Firebird (3.4) <br />Eagle 18\" 077<br />Flowmaster 80 (2.75\") series exhaust<br />2.5\" Car Sound Cat<br />K&N Cold Air Intake <br />Alpine 12\" Type E Sub<br />Bazooka EL 1500 Amp<br />Pinoeer deh4400 and Aftermarket Speakers<br /> <a href=\"http://www.sounddomain.com/id/fbird\" target=\"_blank\">http://www.sounddomain.com/id/fbird</a>

Comment

think about a 180 vice a 160 the reason is the water pump will always be goin to keep it that cool..also are you gonna race it?? it not think about the 180 vice the 160...just a thought

Comment

<blockquote>quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by v-6komodo:
        think about a 180 vice a 160 the reason is the water pump will always be goin to keep it that cool..also are you gonna race it?? it not think about the 180 vice the 160...just a thought<hr></blockquote>

The water pump always runs, the thermostat is simply a temperature controlled mechanical spring loaded valve. It has no computer control and doesn't affect anything other than when the water begins to circulate out to the radiator for cooling.

THIS IS NOT ADVANCED TECH MATERIAL!
        2002 5-spd NBM Camaro
        Details: www.1lev6.com

Comment

<blockquote>quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by Dominic:
          THIS IS NOT ADVANCED TECH MATERIAL!<hr></blockquote>

Yeah what he said! :mad:
          ---<br />-\'95 3.4L M5 Camaro

Comment

calm down killers. ;)

Moving to general
            Keith - Chicago<br /><a href=\"http://www.hptuners.com\" target=\"_blank\">HP Tuners - PCM Reprogramming</a><br /><a href=\"http://www.dxsoftware.com/magnus/\" target=\"_blank\">97 Firebird V6 to LS1 swap</a><br /><b>V8 9.967@132.78</b> 1.322 60\' NA Heads/Cam<br /><b>V8 10.295@128.48</b> 1.363 60\' NA Cam Only<br /><b>V8 10.987@119.31</b> 1.422 60\' NA Stock Internals<br /><b>V6 13.674@98.22</b> NA<br /><b>V6 12.394@104.91</b> N20 100HP

Comment

<blockquote>quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by HarrierDJH:
              i know its stupid but on my 3.8 i was going to get a new themostat and there were 2 a 160 degree and a 180, which one is better? dont know what catagory this goes uner.<hr></blockquote>

If you are lightly modded I think you should go with the 180*. If you have more mods and are having KR issues then you may want to run a 160* in warmer weather and switch to a 180* or 195* (stock) for cooler weather.
              2000 GTP<br />Thrasher CAI, 3.4\" pulley, DHP PCM<br />Member RedLineVSix<br />Best ET-14.02<br />Best Trap-97.15

Comment

DURRRR what's a search?
                2003 Camaro 4A, with supercharged airbox mod, 3mm apex seals, VTEC head, and much more.

Comment

<blockquote>quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by acoysighintime:
                  DURRRR what's a search?<hr></blockquote>

Don't be an *** , NEWB!!
                  2000 GTP<br />Thrasher CAI, 3.4\" pulley, DHP PCM<br />Member RedLineVSix<br />Best ET-14.02<br />Best Trap-97.15

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                  Working...
                  X