Has anyone ever had a bad computer?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Has anyone ever had a bad computer?

I have had a total of 3 different egrs since 2/26. I just today replaced my 2nd one and what happens I get a code right away when I usually did with the others. I am not understanding this. How much did it cost for it to be replaced? I need help.
    1995 Camaro 3.4 v6. Dead<br />1995 Trans Am FIPK.

So no1 then. Damn it.

Comment

You mean PCM/ECM?

EGR=exhaust gas recirculation

Are you sure you are replacing it with an exact match for your car. Usually you have to give them your VIN and one is ordered that matches your car. Same year same tranny, same everything in order for it to work.

I have heard of a couple ppl needing to get them replaced.

I think they are in the 200-300 dollar range, you can order them at autozone or advance auto parts.
      Jared W. Drummond<br />jdrummon@vt.edu<br />1997 3.8 Firebird M5<br />-----------------------------------<br />*Flowmaster 80 Series Muffler* *SLP Cold Air Intake* *Zexel-Torsen LSD* *1-Piece DS* *Eibach Pro-Kit* *Removed MAF Screen* *Manual Fan Switch* *Mobil 1 Oils*<br />-----------------------------------<br />*Pioneer Premier DEH-920R Headunit* *Orion Cobalt 6 1/2\'s* *Sub Stealth Box w/ Alpine SWR-1021D* *Kenwood 728S Amp for Sub*

Comment

yeah i havechanged the egr twice in less then 3 months.

Comment

man there can be alot of other things which lead to an egr code.. vaccum lines can be the worst.. then again.. my blazer had an egr code for 2 years.. never really caused any problems
          -Brad
          98 Firebird - gone from mod mode to keep it running and useable mode.
          2000 V-Star Custom 1100
          If all else fails use a bigger hammer!
          :rock:

Comment

My old blazer kept throwing weird codes all the time. You could reset the computer and start it and it would immediately throw about five codes ranging from O2 sensors to EGR to something to do with the 4x4 stuff on it.

Anyway, it turned out that the computer itself was bad. Replaced it for about $200 and all was well.

Never heard of that with an F-body before. (unless someone fried it trying to flash it)

-Brian
            Maroon 1995 Camaro<br />No mods yet...<br />Lucky to have found this site!

Comment

Well I am taking it to the dealer. I already looked at the vaccum line and sprayed the hell out of it. The wierd thing is that the vaccum pipe is much bigger then the inlet to the plenum.

Comment

before you get your panties in a wad [img]smile.gif[/img] check the circuit to the sensor from the pcm. make sure you're getting good ref voltage and good sensor ground.
                ASE Master, L1, X1, C1. Instructor in automotive systems. 99 3800 4L60E with a few mods and a greatful dead sticker on the back window.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                Working...
                X