X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• fuel pump relay switch ?

1) Do the 98+ camaros have one?

2) If so does anyone know where it is?

I did a search and came up with the 93-97's are under the foot rest on the drivers side but i checked my 98 and its not in the same place?????
    98 camaro 3.8 (THE PUNISHER)<p>JET STAGE II/B&M SHIFT PLUS/TAYLOR WIRES/SLP LOUDMOUTH w-3\" s- pipe/SLP CAI/SS MESH GRILLE/160 STAT/DERALE OIL COOLER<br />FLEXALITE TRANS COOLER/ 3.42-ZEXEL-TORSEN/KONIG MONSOON & KUHMO TIRES/MANUAL FAN SWITCH/1le sway bars & poly/KYB AGX SHOCKS/H&R SPRINGS/LS1 ALUMINUM DRIVE SHAFT/rk sport headers<p>WAITING FOR INSTALL:ssm heads,cam,3 angle valves/trans go shift kit

Anyone? Please
    98 camaro 3.8 (THE PUNISHER)<p>JET STAGE II/B&M SHIFT PLUS/TAYLOR WIRES/SLP LOUDMOUTH w-3\" s- pipe/SLP CAI/SS MESH GRILLE/160 STAT/DERALE OIL COOLER<br />FLEXALITE TRANS COOLER/ 3.42-ZEXEL-TORSEN/KONIG MONSOON & KUHMO TIRES/MANUAL FAN SWITCH/1le sway bars & poly/KYB AGX SHOCKS/H&R SPRINGS/LS1 ALUMINUM DRIVE SHAFT/rk sport headers<p>WAITING FOR INSTALL:ssm heads,cam,3 angle valves/trans go shift kit

Comment

aren't all the relays up in the engine bay, on the driver's side, near the headlight? if not there, the relay &gt;could&lt; be in the pump unit itself, which is in the tank :D

what're you up to???

--matt

Comment

Yes the fuel pump relay is located in the engine bay, closest to the driver's side headlight ( there are 2 'packs' of relays and fuses) it would be the one closest to the EDGE of the car, not the engine, the one closest to the engine is the AC compressor relay.

Well, I felt generous, I ran out to the car and snapped a few pics for yah. [img]smile.gif[/img] Enjoy

Overview:
        http://www.mantisinteractive.com/carmaro/fusebox1.jpg

Cover off:
        http://www.mantisinteractive.com/camaro/fusebox2.jpg

Reference/Perspective shot:
        http://www.mantisinteractive.com/camaro/fusebox3.jpg

And if your curious, some pics of my 'marro:
        http://www.mantisinteractive.com/camaro/camaro1.jpg
        http://www.mantisinteractive.com/camaro/camaro2.jpg

Good luck!

-Gixer

[ June 09, 2003: Message edited by: Gixer ]

[ June 09, 2003: Message edited by: Gixer ]</p>

Comment

I know where the actual relay is, but on some cars there is a switch you can push the will reset the fuel system. it is a safety precaution of some kind. Its like a reset switch.

Comment

Then that would NOT be the RELAY [img]smile.gif[/img] Next time, please state your EXACT question. What you JUST said, and what you stated when you OPENED the thread are two completely different things.

#1. Where is the fuel pump relay?

#2. Is there a RESET for the fuel system?

Two COMPLETELY different questions.

As far as I know, there is no reset for the fuel system. If you want to be sure that your pump is getting power, have a buddy sit in the car, meanwhile you take the cover off where the relay is, put your finger on it, have him turn the key to the 'on' position, if you feel the relay click, then your 'fuel system' is running, next determine if the relay is bad, simple way is to swap the ac relay with the pump relay. Still don't work? Now you need to determine if your pump is actually GETTING voltage. To do that, you need to locate the connector by the gas tank. I believe that the GREY wire is the + wire for 96 and later v6 camaro (according to my book anyway) check for voltage there. If you are getting voltage there, then obviously there is a problem with the pump.

If you DON'T get a click when you turn the key, first try disconnecting the battery for an hour to reset the ECU, then try again. Make sure your 'security' light is not coming on, whole different ballgame [img]smile.gif[/img]

-Gixer

Comment

Actually my original question was do 98 camaros have a fuel relay switch wich is the correct name for it!!!!!

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
              Working...
              X